SOLVED TrueNAS not booting at first try, only when I shut it down and restart again manually

Alex762

Dabbler
I have set up a small NAS from an old pc and it works great, but I noticed that when I need to shut it down, it won't boot up at the first try.

When I turn on the NAS, all lights goes on but my share is offline and the monitor shows "no signal".
If I shut it down manually by pressing the on/off button and then press it again to turn it on, it goes back working again... Why?

ChrisRJ

Wizard
You are not giving much information to work with. Please, as per the forum rules, describe your system in detail.

Alex762

Dabbler
The old pc is an old Acer Veriton, i3 4th gen, 8gb RAM, 2 WD RED.
Upon further testing, I realised that the machine apparently won't boot up correctly if there's no monitor connection, so problem solved I guess?

Arwen

MVP
If lack of monitor is the cause, you can get "fake" monitor plugins. Several companies make them, which allow the GPU to remain active when using things like games remotely. Of course, this means that the GPU will continue to take power. Though in your case, it

Here is an example;
Amazon.com -> Compulab fit-headless

Their are other brands that have a pass through port that allow a monitor to be plugged in later.