How to shut down TrueNAS correctly? (prevent booting after shut down)

Papid1975

Dabbler
When I shut down my TrueNAS via the web UI the machine shuts down and then powers on again right away.

The same happens if I press the computer case’s power button and when entering “shutdown -h now”, “shutdown -p now” or “poweroff”.

In BIOS I have WOL enabled and fast boot disabled.

Other OS did not show this behavior (they stayed off after shutting down). I assume TrueNAS is not powering down correctly.

Last edited:

Papid1975

Dabbler
So, sometimes “shutdown -p now” seems to work for shutting down the machine (without powering on again). How can I wire this command to the web UI’s “Shut down”?

Redcoat

MVP
What motherboard, what NIC? Have you investigated this with WOL disabled in BIOS?

Papid1975

Dabbler
It is the Intel onboard NIC of an Z87 board. With WOL disabled the machine stays of after shut down. I want to use WOL though.

Redcoat

MVP

Papid1975

Dabbler
Thanks for that link! Of course I did search for posts from others with my problem before posting, didn’t find the right post though.

Changing the xHCI mode helped. Now the machine doesn’t boot after shutting down anymore. Haven’t tested yet how this affects my USB 3.0 connectivity.