SOLVED Freenas 9.3.0 won't restart after shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBarker

Contributor
I had a power outage here and my UPS was two minutes away from dying so I logged in the webGUI and shut down Freenas manually. I did used the "save" button under system>general just to make sure it would save my last good configuration. Now with the power restored, it has not come back online. I do not have a monitor to hook up to it to see why but in the past while setting it up, it would hang at a menu that gave me the option to select from a group of previous backups.

How can I get past this?

EDIT: I borrowed a monitor from my son and hooked up. When I rebooted the server, it starts at a menu that shows the option of selecting an "Initial Install - FreeNas" along with two other options that have "Setup Wizard" listed. The default is the initial install option and I am sure that is why it won't boot up after shut down. How do I save the latest configuration so that when this happens again, the server will come back online without issue?

Last edited:

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
The problem appears to be that you STILL have the installation disk in there????

I mean, I'm not following you too well, but it sounds to me like you're not describing the FreeNAS bootup screen, but the FreeNAS ***INSTALLER*** bootup screen. Did you boot the wrong thumb drive?

BBarker

Contributor
I have a thumb drive installed that has the OS on it? Isn't it supposed to stay in the USB port?

I noticed under the System>Boot tab in the webGUI that there are four choices:
Initial - Install
Wizard-2015-08-07_19:48:55
Wizard-2015-08-08_07:11:31

Under the Active column, default shows "on reboot" while the 08-08 shows "Now". Should I change the 08-08 to also be the active reboot file since it seems to be the one that actually boots the server?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
oh ok, I misunderstood before. I didn't know we had the language "Initial-install" and "Wizard..." in our boot list. I would boot from the latest-dated install, 2015-08-08, and then I would system->upgrade :)

BBarker

Contributor
I activated the current boot file so it shows "Now" and "on reboot" and rebooted the system manually to test and it comes back up without an issue. I guess that was a step I missed while setting up the server.

Thanks for responding....

Status
Not open for further replies.