Resource icon

Howto: OpenVPN in tap/bridge mode in iocage jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopr

Explorer
This is the discussion thread for the linked Resource. Please follow the tabs at the top of the thread to find the Resource.

Feedback is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Yup, everyone is welcome to post in the Resources Section (if you can't due to spam control-driven restrictions, please PM me for help!).

@lopr, I moved the body of the document over to a Resource and linked this thread as the discussion thread. Any questions, please feel free to ask! You should have full control of the Resource now (except for adding files, XenForo doesn't let us do that for some messed-up reason and we need workarounds).

adrianwi

Guru
Thanks for the guide! I've tried a couple of times now and just can't get the openvpn service to start.

I think the naming of the 2 scripts in the guide might be slightly wrong, but even taking that into account I'm struggling.

I can see lots of tap interfaces being created in the console (1-254) which I'm not sure is right either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

lopr

Explorer
Any ideas?
oh my I am so sorry, I did miss your message. I guess you found another solution? I will go over the guide again and see if I mistyped anything.
about the 1-254 tap devices: yes, that happened to me too at the first startup. I had to reboot the whole freeNAS and then it behaved as expected.

I am just here as I upgraded my system from 11.1-U1 to U5 and the name of the virtual interface was changed. it was vnet0 before and is epair0b now. so this has to be adapted in the up.sh script.

thank you pointing out my mismatched script-names.

Last edited:

adrianwi

Guru
Status
Not open for further replies.