Resource icon

FN11.3 iocage jails - Plex, Tautulli, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, Jackett, Transmission, Organizr

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
Starting from version 2.1.306 - The minimum needed php version is 7.3.0 - Make sure to update php before updating Organizr

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
For Organizr, there's another additional module needed. In my case, I upgraded to php74 so you need all of these if you run the echo command when setting up your jail.... you can add them if you already created your jail though.

Code:
 echo '{"pkgs":["nginx","php74","php74-curl","php74-hash","php74-json","php74-openssl","php74-pdo","php74-pdo_sqlite","php74-session","php74-simplexml","php74-sqlite3","php74-zip","php74-filter","git","ca_root_nss"]}' > /tmp/pkg.json

rknaub

Explorer
I did pkg upgrade and pkg upgrade on my sabnzbd jail today and low and behold, finally it saw an update. However, after the upgrade it would not load and I had to rollback the jail. It did say something during the upgrade process about something else being upgraded or deprecated.. I forget what it was, sorry. Just posting this for the smart people on here, so they can try it and report back to tell me what else I need to do. Cheers all, and thanks for all the great discussions!

hertzsae

Contributor
I did pkg upgrade and pkg upgrade on my sabnzbd jail today and low and behold, finally it saw an update. However, after the upgrade it would not load and I had to rollback the jail. It did say something during the upgrade process about something else being upgraded or deprecated.. I forget what it was, sorry. Just posting this for the smart people on here, so they can try it and report back to tell me what else I need to do. Cheers all, and thanks for all the great discussions!
You're hitting this bug. The fix has been committed, but still waiting for it to get compiled and into the package distribution. The bug is present for version 3.0.2.1 and 3.0.2_1.1. It is fixed in 3.2.1. Hopefully not too many people get confused by those numbers! The '2_1' version just got there today and I have no idea what it is, but that version is still broken. I'm hoping for 3.2.1 either tomorrow or the next day.

There's a discussion here as well.

tgn55

Dabbler
This is now fixed... try pkg upgrade again, I just did it and all is working again with sabnzbd3.2.1

tgn55

Dabbler
Did it pull in 3.2.1?

My setup is FreeNAS 11.3 U5. Was running sabnzbd3.0.1 OK... things broke when I did an upgrade, "pkg upgrade sabnzbdplus" installed 3.0.2_1.1, it was evident that the problem was caused by a broken pkg on the freeBSD repo... 3.0.2 is broken, it fails with an error regarding feedparser (your logs should confirm if this is the issue) which has now been corrected on the freeBSD pkg repo

At last, yesterday "pkg upgrade sabnzbdplus" resulted in sabnzbd-3.2.1 being installed on my system... if this is NOT happening for you... that's where the problem remains.

Maybe you need a "pkg update"... then try again?
Let us know if you get it sorted.

hertzsae

Contributor
FreeBSD 12 i386 has been done for a couple days. We're only waiting on x64 at this point. It just takes a long time for the compile engine to get through everything. Here's where you can see what is done.

rknaub

Explorer
3.2.1 is now available for FreeBSD 12 amd64. Did pkg update and pkg upgrade and I am now on 3.2.1, no issues to report other than it complained about the python version.

jimosity

Cadet
If anyone has an issue using the .netcore version of Radarr from https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/experimental-radarr-v3-1-dotnet5-binary.91489/ and it not starting. Here's what I did to fix it. This may need to have somethings changed to fit your setup.

Follow all the requirements listed on that thread. I had to change my rc.d to use radarr.pid and use the data directory /config

rc.d
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# $FreeBSD$
#
# PROVIDE: radarr
# REQUIRE: LOGIN
# KEYWORD: shutdown
#
# Add the following lines to /etc/rc.conf.local or /etc/rc.conf
# to enable this service:
#
# radarr_enable:    Set to YES to enable radarr
#            Default: NO
# radarr_user:    The user account used to run the radarr daemon.
#            This is optional, however do not specifically set this to an
#            empty string as this will cause the daemon to run as root.
#            Default: radarr
# radarr_group:    The group account used to run the radarr daemon.
#            This is optional, however do not specifically set this to an
#            empty string as this will cause the daemon to run with group wheel.
#            Default: radarr
# radarr_data_dir:    Directory where radarr configuration
#            data is stored.
#            Default: /var/db/radarr

. /etc/rc.subr
name=radarr
rcvar=${name}_enable
load_rc_config $name

: ${radarr_enable:="NO"}
: ${radarr_user:="radarr"}
: ${radarr_group:="radarr"}
: ${radarr_data_dir:="/config"}

pidfile="${radarr_data_dir}/${name}radarr.pid"
pidfile_child="${radarr_data_dir}/${name}_child.pid"
command="/usr/sbin/daemon"

start_precmd=${name}_precmd
radarr_precmd() {
    if [ ! -d ${radarr_data_dir} ]; then
    install -d -o ${radarr_user} -g ${radarr_group} ${radarr_data_dir}
    fi

export XDG_CONFIG_HOME=${radarr_data_dir}
    rc_flags="-r -f -p ${pidfile_child} -P ${pidfile} /usr/local/share/Radarr/Radarr --data=${radarr_data_dir} --nobrowser >> /dev/null 2>&1 ${rc_flags}"

}

run_rc_command "$1"

Inside the radarr jail, run:
Code:
sysrc radarr_enable=YES radarr_data_dir=/config radarr_user=radarr radarr_group=radarr

Then run
Code:
service radarr start

It should start without an any errors and be back in business. Hope this helps anyone.

I've tried multiple times using this method; along with the method that this was an update for...and for the life of me, I can't get it to work.
I'm creating a new jail; configuring all the mount points (to match my existing old mono version of radarr (running in a different jail).
I get the install done; no issues it seems - service starts and shows that it's running - but I can't get the page to load (I assume it's still on port 7878, right?

I've tried this multiple times over the last couple months since I wanna get away from the mono version...none of the guides are really getting me there though.
One thing that I'm concerned may be an issue; I'm using '11.4-RELEASE-p6' -- will that work?
I'm kind of scared to update my freenas box too much - it works so well for everything else and has a ridiculous amount of data on it that I fear of losing...

Wolfeman0101

Patron
I've tried multiple times using this method; along with the method that this was an update for...and for the life of me, I can't get it to work.
I'm creating a new jail; configuring all the mount points (to match my existing old mono version of radarr (running in a different jail).
I get the install done; no issues it seems - service starts and shows that it's running - but I can't get the page to load (I assume it's still on port 7878, right?

I've tried this multiple times over the last couple months since I wanna get away from the mono version...none of the guides are really getting me there though.
One thing that I'm concerned may be an issue; I'm using '11.4-RELEASE-p6' -- will that work?
I'm kind of scared to update my freenas box too much - it works so well for everything else and has a ridiculous amount of data on it that I fear of losing...
Yeah I need to switch over and the guides are pretty confusing.

rknaub

Explorer
Post #976 on the previous page from Airborne Trooper is the one I followed to get the latest version working on TrueNAS 12.

Naesstrom

Contributor
I followed this guide today to get the .net version installed in a new jail but trying to get the config to add upp in the "apps" dataset as in the instructions.
Ran the iocage fstab -a radarr /mnt/tank1/apps/radarr /config nullfs rw 0 0 to link the config to the dataset but when I did a manual backup it didn't show up in there. Is there somewhere else I need to change something?

EDIT: Just read the posts above and ran sysrc radarr_data_dir=/config and now all is good. Leaving it here if someone else does the same!

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
but I can't get the page to load (I assume it's still on port 7878, right?

Sorry, haven't checked in in a while. Yes, you need to update TrueNAS and update your jails. Port is still 7878.

ThatGuyAZ

Dabbler
I'm hoping someone can help me as I ran through this resource and I believe everything is working, however, I have two questions.

1) Did anyone else have an issue with the jail configs being in "/config/config" after following this tutorial?

I placed my configs in the "/mnt/tank/turret/transmission/config/" per the instructions. I then mounted that folder to /mnt/tank/turret/transmission/ to config. When I did that the configs in the jail were in a different folder so I had to move them up a directory to make the guide work. Not a problem but I want to know where I messed up.

2) My NordVPN conf does not have a place for my password (I don't believe). So when I did the command "iocage exec transmission service openvpn start " it asked me for my login and password. What happens when I have to stop the jail or restart the server. How will I get the prompt? Is there anyway to make this automatic?

SeaFox

Explorer
2) My NordVPN conf does not have a place for my password (I don't believe). So when I did the command "iocage exec transmission service openvpn start " it asked me for my login and password. What happens when I have to stop the jail or restart the server. How will I get the prompt? Is there anyway to make this automatic?

You want to edit your OpenVPN configuration file so it can enter the credentials itself. I'm not sure if you can place them directly into the config, but for me I have a line that references them via an external text file. So in my openvpn.conf there is a line: auth-user-pass vpn_cred.txt It sits in the area after the static key at near the top, in this case between the line that gives the encryption type to be used, and next command compress). Then I have a text file (vpn_cred.txt) that has only two lines: my VPN username, and then my VPN password on the next line.

Note: This text file uses a Unix line ending. Don't make it using notepad.exe on Windows. If you view it on the SSH session it appears as two lines but when you look at it in the Windows Notepad you just get one long string of text.

ThatGuyAZ

Dabbler
You want to edit your OpenVPN configuration file so it can enter the credentials itself. I'm not sure if you can place them directly into the config, but for me I have a line that references them via an external text file. So in my openvpn.conf there is a line: auth-user-pass vpn_cred.txt It sits in the area after the static key at near the top, in this case between the line that gives the encryption type to be used, and next command compress). Then I have a text file (vpn_cred.txt) that has only two lines: my VPN username, and then my VPN password on the next line.

Note: This text file uses a Unix line ending. Don't make it using notepad.exe on Windows. If you view it on the SSH session it appears as two lines but when you look at it in the Windows Notepad you just get one long string of text.
Where is this file placed? What permissions need to be enabled for this file (i.e root, transmission, etc)?

With this config does transmission auto-restart when the server is restarted? Do I need to do something to enable this?

SeaFox

Explorer
Where is this file placed? What permissions need to be enabled for this file (i.e root, transmission, etc)?

In the same folder as the OpenVPN Config. I have mine assigned root:wheel.

With this config does transmission auto-restart when the server is restarted? Do I need to do something to enable this?
Yes. It's covered the same way all the apps are in this guide. iocage exec transmission sysrc "transmission_enable=YES"

ThatGuyAZ

Dabbler
Can anyone tell me why/how a snapshot was taken when I followed this resource? This is what my current snapshots are showing:
1627589146733.png

What step created this in the process? Where is this snapshot stored? How can I have consistent snapshots taken in case I need to start over?