How to diagnose strange crashes

aseimel

Dabbler
If your RAM voltage was in question, run MemTest86 and tweak the voltage if you need to in order to find a stable system.

This is what has me concerned. It was working fine and suddenly it is not. Can you relate this to anything you have done? Also, did you do a proper burn-in of the system just to ensure everything is really working as it should? I highly recommend the MemTest86 or MemTest86+, your poison to choose.
I think I can I added a ram stick and the majority of the time it ran fine was without that. I am sorry I didn't communicate that clearly. The problem is the new ram stick is not rated to be run at 1.35 volt while the other two are. I think at lower load the setup was fine but as I was adding more functionality it I got more problems.

I know it is not a proper stress test but I just had the system cpu transcoding over night using tdarr and it ran without crashed

joeschmuck

Old Man
The problem is the new ram stick is not rated to be run at 1.35 volt while the other two are.
This is exactly the type of stuff we are afraid of. Just grabbing spare parts to make a server. It could be the best server motherboard on the planet but you inject parts that are not compatible and it doesn't work. Thanks for being honest about the issue, I'm sure you did not intentionally install the wrong RAM stick. Many people would have said that they narrowed it down to a faulty RAM stick.

I know it is not a proper stress test but I just had the system cpu transcoding over night using tdarr and it ran without crashed
I agree, not a proper stress test. You should take the time to run one on both the RAM and CPU.