Random crashes / reboots / panics

Status
Not open for further replies.

brainpool

Cadet
Hello,

I have updated my freenas installation to the latest files yesterday and today my freenas server reboots / crashes / whatever randomly. Today it happened two times. I have attached two textdumps rom /data/crash. Can someone help me? Is it a general bug or just a problem from my side? I am running freenas since two years with my hardware and everything was fine.

Attachments

• textdump.tar.0.gz
    17.4 KB · Views: 268
  • textdump.tar.1.gz
    14.6 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Nothing sticks out in the log files. A couple of things to try:

- is the system running hot? (check CPU fan)

- does burning a new stick with the latest SU and importing your config still result in random crashes? (checks if failing USB device is culprit)

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
did you "verify install"? The only "error" you should get when you run that in the GUI might be something about resolv.conf.

brainpool

Cadet
To see if it is running hot I need to monitor more things (like CPU Fan). How can I do this? Does freenas offer a solution?

I will try a new USB stick as soon as I got a new one.

I have verified the installation, except the resolv.conf missmatch no error appeared.

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
Do not monitor the fan (well, you can, but don't monitor only that), monitor the temp.

See the link "Useful Scripts" in my signature for a script who outputs the CPU and HDD temps ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.