How do I use an alternative web UI in qbittorrent (TrueNAS Scale 22.*)?

John Falk

Dabbler
Can someone please help me change the web UI for qbittorrent? The default web UI is too white! I'd like it just simply inverted, so it would even be enough to just change the stylesheets used in the default web UI, but I don't know how to do that.
I use the version from TrueNAS official app catalog. There's an option in qbittorrent's web UI to change it to an alternative by setting the location of an alternative UI, so I suppose that's the way to change it, but I don't know where to put those files. Has anyone done this?

Davvo

MVP
Not in Scale, not as an app; I'm not sure you can. For a (temporary?) easy fix consider using a browser extension that enables dark mode.

Tarkhein

Cadet
Not in Scale, not as an app; I'm not sure you can. For a (temporary?) easy fix consider using a browser extension that enables dark mode.
Incorrect, there are no problems doing this in qBittorrent from the official app catalog in Scale.

Can someone please help me change the web UI for qbittorrent? The default web UI is too white! I'd like it just simply inverted, so it would even be enough to just change the stylesheets used in the default web UI, but I don't know how to do that.
I use the version from TrueNAS official app catalog. There's an option in qbittorrent's web UI to change it to an alternative by setting the location of an alternative UI, so I suppose that's the way to change it, but I don't know where to put those files. Has anyone done this?
Dump the files containing the alternative UI into a location that qBittorrent has access to (I was lazy and dumped them in the same folder it downloads to), then go to the web UI settings and tick the checkbox to use alternative Web UI, and type the path to the folder containing the files.

Also make sure to delete browser cache after you do this, otherwise it will look odd as it's still referring to the old UI elements for some things. I've attached an image of my qBittorrent web UI after switching to this theme: https://github.com/Carve/qbittorrent-webui-cjratliff.com

Attachments

• QB-TrueNAS-dark-theme.png
    QB-TrueNAS-dark-theme.png
    454.9 KB · Views: 542

Davvo

MVP
Incorrect, there are no problems doing this in qBittorrent from the official app catalog in Scale.
My point was that I never used qBittorrent in Scale as an app.

John Falk

Dabbler

Dump the files containing the alternative UI into a location that qBittorrent has access to (I was lazy and dumped them in the same folder it downloads to), then go to the web UI settings and tick the checkbox to use alternative Web UI, and type the path to the folder containing the files.

Also make sure to delete browser cache after you do this, otherwise it will look odd as it's still referring to the old UI elements for some things. I've attached an image of my qBittorrent web UI after switching to this theme: https://github.com/Carve/qbittorrent-webui-cjratliff.com
It worked even without clearing the Chrome cache :). Thank you!