SOLVED Hardware Help (First Build)

Davvo

MVP
Shipment is in progress! Thank you @Arwen, @Jessep and @nabsltd for the precious help.
As a side note, for comparision the TrueNAS Mini E would have costed me an extra 351.44 USD in shipping and import fees, bringing the price just a bit over the 1200 mark; adding the cost of the same two disks (converted into USD with today approx exchange value of 1:1) I would have spent an extra 188.15, for a grand total of 1388.15 USD.
I don't know the actual product and while I suppose it's good quality, I truly don't know if it can be competivie in the EU market (which is the sole purpose of import fees); probably iXsystems is not targeting this market anyway, but as an european this kinda sucks :smile:

Davvo

MVP
Quick update: mobo shipped with BKT-0028L backplate, which seems glued to it and looks way too hard to detach, which means that my CPU cooler of choice doesn't fit. Trying a SilverStone SST-NT09-115X.
For anyone interested, my mobo doesn't exactly allow mounting an ATX PSU in that case (as advertised)... but I made it fit anyway (with only 2 screws and a light bending).
Oh, also it's not possible to plug-in sata cables if you put 2 HDDs on the bottom plate; again, resolved in my own way... with a bit of double sided tape now I have a nice tower of 2 HDDs. Will monitor the temps.
Oh, and I forgot to order the I/O Shield for the mobo (supposed to be sold alongside the mobo).

So yeah, survived some minor setbacks.

edit:

Last edited: