BUILD First FreeNAS Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evertb1

Guru
I actually had one of these laying around. So...

I connected the 8 SATA-> 2 SAS drives with 2 x 4 SATA cords provided with the PSU.
Used the Monoprice molex -> sata above with one of the PSU provided molex cords to connect the front 2 SSDs. The last HDD I'd need another molex -> sata cords to connect it.

Or I should do that for the 9th HDD and the 2 SSDs.

Thanks y'all!
After being involved a bit with this thread I was curious if it was possible to order extra Sata power cables for my own Seasonic PSU. So I called my supplier. They promised me to get information from the Seasonic importer and email me the result. The same day they sent me an email that some cables where sent to me!? Two days later I received a small package by mail from the importer. It contained 4 Sata power cables. I did not receive a bill. I believe in Santa Claus again.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Seasonic really is a cut above, when they put in a bit of effort. Their PSUs wipe away most of the competition, their warranty is crazy long and they actively work to improve whatever faults their stuff has.

One thing in particular that I really appreciate is that they actually switched to buying PSUs from retailers and drop shipping them to reviewers, after they were accused of cherry-picking their review samples. Of course, the review units were still excellent and nobody else had the guts to follow the same procedure.

I am somewhat saddened by the fact that they went along with the stupid industry trends: glorified sleeve bearing fans instead of their previous standard of high-end ball bearing fans from Sanyo Denki and (on non-Titanium models) in-cable capacitors, that reduce noise from "lower than anybody cares" to "wow, it is lower, which is... cool, I guess?".

joeschmuck

Old Man
I've had this happen on a few items where the part is unique to the item in question and the company does not sell the part individually. They just ship you the part and all is great in the world. The last thing for me were these small screws for a hard drive cage and I needed a few more. The next thing I knew I had a small package of screws.

Status
Not open for further replies.