Error when installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooper

Cadet
When I installed FreeNAS I am getting the following errors.

Code:
alc0: link state changed to DOWN
alc0 link state changed to up
DHCPDOFFER on alc0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 8
alc0: DMA write error! --resetting
DHCPOFFER from 192.168.1.1

It will keep going until it decides to give me a ip of http://0.0.0.0.

PC:MS-7778
CPU:AMD-A8 6500
RAM: 8Gb DDR3-1600
HDD: 2Tb + 250Gb (Install Disk)

Last edited by a moderator:

gpsguy

Get yourself a better NIC, than your Atheros. An Intel Pro/1000 CT, about $30 USD works great.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Are you running your system at the default clock speeds?
What version of FreeNAS are you running?
Have you tried FreeBSD Live CD to see if you get the same issue?

Odds are @gpsguy is 100% correct and I too would recommend the Intel Pro/1000 CT card, I bought two of them a few years back, made one heck of a difference.

Have you run MemTest86 on your machine for about 1 week to validate system stability? And of course a CPU stress test for at least 30 minutes, two hours tops unless you plan to do a lot of heavy computing.

Cooper

Cadet
Thanks for the answers, and I dont know how to do a live CD (still learning about FreeNas) I am looking at the Intel Pro/1000 CT right now. I did a mem test and a hdd drive test and everything passed. I will do a CPU test later on.

gpsguy

Here's a link to the FreeBSD LiveCD progject - http://livecd.sourceforge.net/index.php

With it, you can boot up FreeBSD and run it from the CD, without having to install it on a flash drive/SSD/hard disk, etc.

joeschmuck

Old Man
So the reason I asked you to give the FreeBSD Live CD a try was to rule out FreeNAS itself as the issue. If the FreeBSD Live CD runs and you can use your network port without any issues then maybe FreeNAS needs a driver update. It's not likely the issue but we have seen it before and this is just one more step in the troubleshooting that should be done to rule out FreeNAS or your hardware.

@gpsguy Thanks for popping up the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.