Data lost: Restoring from snapshots?

danb35

Hall of Famer
I think that's what OP's already doing, but just called that dataset "Plex." Plex itself is going to live somewhere in the ix-applications dataset, not in /mnt/Share/Plex. But there are some confusing dataset names going on there.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Yes. Depending on the method that is used to deploy the app. I am not familiar with the details in this k3s/Helm setup but I can well picture the system deleting the entire app directory and deploying a new one.

That's why external storage/mountpoints exist in TrueNAS. Look for "host path" in the app settings.

Sshiel

Cadet
I agree, external storage and mount points can make it much easier to migrate applications.

opensourceFTW

Explorer
I am finally done with recovering my data, a huge thanks to everyone who helped me out. Maybe this thread can help someone else one day.

I will be installing plex or jellyfin on one of my raspberry pis.

opensourceFTW

Explorer
I turned off my PC last night, should not of been a problem but when I turned it on today and mapped my NFS shares, my media was gone again.

This is getting retarded. Why is TrueNAS deleting my data over and over and over? I do not have Plex or Jellyfin installed.

chuck32

Guru
I highly doubt TrueNAS itself is deleting your data.

Can you verify that the dataset size in the TrueNAS GUI is indeed 0?

You are using Linux if I didn't lose the overview over four pages, are you sure you are looking at the share and not an empty mount point?

opensourceFTW

Explorer
My media showed back up while I was at work.

I already got a new server case, server HDDs are on there way. AMD Epyc mobo is sold out at the moment so I will get the CPU (Epyc 7282) and RAM (Maybe up to 1TB of ram...) later. I am thinking of making this server my primary server.

Davvo

MVP
Can you try with a different OS if the issue still happens? Might just be a client-side NFS share issue.