ix-applications and snapshots

Unique

Cadet
I'm having an issue with TrueNAS Scale. I'm running about 10 containers and today in a failed backup email notification I received this error:

- Your system has more snapshots (31793) than recommended (10000). Performance or functionality might degrade.

Which in looking is basically all ix-applications snapshots. I've been searching for a solution

- People have said not to delete ix-applications snapshots (i was going to link these comments through but i now cant find them. feel free to tell me otherwise!)
- Before finding this advice, the login timeout after logging in and loading up the snapshot ui, i only get enough time to delete 2 pages worth of snapshots before the UI times out again
- I think i've had a similar issue previously, so i did have a cron job running "docker system prune --all --force --volumes" (although only weekly...) which apparently hasn't helped this issue

Soooo I guess in summary... what am I ment to do? The only course of action I can see is to nuke my containers and run them on a seperate machine that doesn't touch ZFS? (docker + ZFS = bad time it seems) Or is there something less drastic?

Thank you :)

indivision

Guru

Unique

Cadet
Okay that looks like a fantastic script. But I'm not sure how that helps my snapshot issues?

indivision

Guru
It runs prune, getting rid of old docker images and snapshots associated with them.

I ran into this same problem. But, since I've been running truetool it has kept the amount of snapshots manageable.