Data lost: Restoring from snapshots?

Davvo

MVP

opensourceFTW

Explorer
Some of us are not yet seers. Accidental deletion?
Nope. I was playing music all day, after song was over I wanted to change things up. I opened up my network share folder just to see most of my music was missing.

Davvo

MVP
iirc clamav might have given issues on another thread, but honestly I have very little clue.

chuck32

Guru
No but I had clamav
You could check the logs.

Is the movie folder mapped as s location for a docker container or something like this?

Otherwise I would assume you accidentally deleted the files or you they don't go missing by themselves.

opensourceFTW

Explorer
DELETE PLEX. I had restored all of my missing data just to see it disappear again once I enabled plex. I am very unhappy again. Now if I could get Jellyfin to work, just gives me circles when trying to add libraries.
Screenshot from 2024-03-10 15-31-12.png

opensourceFTW

Explorer
I am trying to copy my data from the last snapshots I setup as share but now I am getting an error while trying to mound the shares
Code:
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting
Odd thing though, I can mount my file share and the permissions for each share are the same.

chuck32

Guru
Did you make changes to the allowed hosts and networks on your NFS share?

Don't make this harder on you than it needs to be. Use SMB if NFS doesn't work, just to get your data back.
Create backups! It's nice that you were able to restore your data, however having a working backup should be easier.

If you want help on Plex / Jellyfish you need to share more information on how you set it up. I can't imagine Plex is deleting library contents by itself :oops:

Davvo

MVP
That's likely you placing plex in the wrong directory/placing your data in the wrong directory. Hostpath validation has been implemented to avoid these situations.

opensourceFTW

Explorer
Did you make changes to the allowed hosts and networks on your NFS share?

Don't make this harder on you than it needs to be. Use SMB if NFS doesn't work, just to get your data back.
Create backups! It's nice that you were able to restore your data, however having a working backup should be easier.

If you want help on Plex / Jellyfish you need to share more information on how you set it up. I can't imagine Plex is deleting library contents by itself :oops:
Before of after I lost data, again?

I am going to sink $800 on HDDs for my new backup server.

I will ask for Jellyfin help under apps.

opensourceFTW

Explorer
That's likely you placing plex in the wrong directory/placing your data in the wrong directory. Hostpath validation has been implemented to avoid these situations.
I put my media in the right directory. Thanks for the hostpath validation suggestion. I will look into it.

opensourceFTW

Explorer
I am trying to copy my data from the last snapshots I setup as share but now I am getting an error while trying to mound the shares
Code:
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting
Odd thing though, I can mount my file share and the permissions for each share are the same.
I am an idiot, I did not share the new dataset I created with a new snapshot. Ooops.

Davvo

MVP

Davvo

MVP
Whay are you sharing the plex folder? It's not something that should be exposed; iirc in SCALE (similarly to CORE) you have to set a dataset for your apps: are you using the /pool dataset as the apps' dataset? That might be the issue.

opensourceFTW

Explorer
I shared the plex folder because I was adding media. Plus plex was giving me errors, would not allow me to add my own library. I deleted plex, I will try to use Jellyfin.

Davvo

MVP
It is suggested against keeping other files besides the app's ones inside the app's folder; instead, it's suggested to have a separate dataset (which can be shared) for ie the library.
This is true for emby, plex, jellyfin, nextcloud, everything.