Create traefik IngressRouter for the dashboard

groenator

Dabbler
Hi,

I deployed traefik using the truechart documentation. I noticed that the traefik dashboard is available via the node IP address by default.

My aim is to set the Traefik Dashboard service internal and then create an ingressRoute that would point to the dashboard service.

I didn't see any documentation about how to achieve this. Is there a way on how to do this? Does Scale support to create ingressRoutes to other services instead of IP?

Thank you!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

groenator

Dabbler
Not really, that part is covered and I already set it up. I am talking about traefik dashboard

After traefik is installed it has a button called Web Portal. When I click on that button it opens the traefik dashboard using port 9000 and the IP address of the k3s node. Which is the truenas scale IP.

The service within k3s cluster for this dashboard is set to be a loadbalancer. There's an ingressRoute rule for the dashboard that points to the internal service of the traefik Dashboard.

All I want is to change traefik service type from loadbalnacer to clusterIP and then configure traefik app in the UI to use an ingress route rule which will redirect all that traffic to the dashboard using my own DNS.

I dont seem to find a way in how to do it.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Isn't that a bootstrapping issue.. how do you reconfigure/manage traefik through itself?

I'd suggest the truecharts discord channel, but not sure if there is a good solution.

groenator

Dabbler
I use traefik with the default settings. It works fine, I just wish I could use the ingressRoute rule for the dashboard instead of the cluster IP and nodePort.

This is the ingressRoute rule for the dashboard which is created by traefik when is installed, but there's no way in the UI to point to this rule.

Code:
apiVersion: traefik.containo.us/v1alpha1
kind: IngressRoute
metadata:
  labels:
  name: traefik-dashboard
  namespace: ix-traefik
spec:
  entryPoints:
  - main
  routes:
  - kind: Rule
    match: PathPrefix(`/dashboard`) || PathPrefix(`/api`)
    services:
    - kind: TraefikService
      name: api@internal

Thanks for your help, I will try using discord.

truecharts

Guru
We generally do not support people adding DIY kubernetes objects to Apps.
What you want to to should be natively allowed through the GUI either now or before release.

But indeed, it's most efficient if you reach out to us directly on Discord. We're not providing support on this forum,