SOLVED Can't connect outside to inner TrueNAS services using traefik

Ite-me

Dabbler
Hi all,

I'm trying to do some reverse proxy using traefik in a jail but I don't have any response.

Step I did:
Check if services are available with inner ip adress
Check if traefik is linked to services (on dashboard all services are green)
Got a domain name
Link domain name and sub domain name to a dyn dns
Link dyn dns to my provider
open port 80 and 443
Link incomming traffic to traefik jails

I tried looking some traffic with tcpdump but nothing usefull (with my understanding and knowledge)
And I looked in traefik logs but nothing here too

Version: TrueNAS-12.0-U4 (last one at the moment)

Ite-me

Dabbler
1624227160196.png

I got some services and firefox just say that he can't reach them
Connexion Failed

danb35

Hall of Famer
How do you have those running--as plugins? Have you set them up in jails yourself? Because that doesn't look like any screen I've ever seen in TrueNAS.

Ite-me

Dabbler
Whats the question so ?
When I'm on the traefik jail I can ping services jail. Is there another way to test connexion ?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Whats the question so ?
I don't know how I can make it any clearer:
Are you able to connect to these plugins, through the Traefik proxy, inside your network?
"Connect through the Traefik proxy" can't reasonably be interpreted as "ping the jails from the Traefik jail".

Ite-me

Dabbler
Are you able to connect to these plugins, through the Traefik proxy, inside your network?
1624295478533.png

the traefik app link services with reverse proxy and when i try accessing home.*** from a computer in my network it doesnt work. But when looking for traefik dashboard all services are well connected

Hope this will answer the question

Ite-me

Dabbler
To add some details:
I tried this on my network (computer on the network but not the trueNAS)
/etc/hosts (file)
1624305540143.png

1624305574768.png

So i guess it answer the question : Yes services are accesible for traefik

danb35

Hall of Famer
Yes services are accesible for traefik
That appears to be the case. So what happens when you try from outside your LAN?

Ite-me

Dabbler
I tried to do the same as this post but with my router IP and it doesn't work. I guess it can be my router that just kick me out but I did some rules to let open ports 80 and 443 to go through.

danb35

Hall of Famer
it doesn't work.
"It doesn't work" is not helpful, because there are roughly 100 ways something could "not work", as a result of roughly 100 problems. "Some connection error page" is similarly unhelpful; posting a random screen shot of a different browser error is even less helpful, unless you're certain that it's exactly the same error translated into English.

But taking you at your representation that the picture you posted does actually reflect the error you're getting, it would look like port 80 isn't open to connections from outside. This could mean that you didn't enter your port forwarding rules properly (double-check with the documentation for your router on this). It could also mean that your ISP is blocking inbound port 80--this is quite common for residential ISPs in .us; I don't know about other parts of the world. Are you able to connect via HTTPS?

Ite-me

Dabbler
"It doesn't work" is not helpful, because there are roughly 100 ways something could "not work", as a result of roughly 100 problems. "Some connection error page" is similarly unhelpful; posting a random screen shot of a different browser error is even less helpful, unless you're certain that it's exactly the same error translated into English.
I get the screen because it were the same error translated.

But taking you at your representation that the picture you posted does actually reflect the error you're getting, it would look like port 80 isn't open to connections from outside. This could mean that you didn't enter your port forwarding rules properly (double-check with the documentation for your router on this). It could also mean that your ISP is blocking inbound port 80--this is quite common for residential ISPs in .us; I don't know about other parts of the world. Are you able to connect via HTTPS?
1624379952443.png

1624379975590.png

This is the rules on my router

Ite-me

Dabbler
I asked to a friend to try the connexion from outside the network and all work well... So my issue is and was that I can't connect from inside my network to my domain name who redirect to my own router I guess.

If you know (maybe just some conf ?) how to get this to work would be great sorry for the time use before...

What I want precisly to work:
Computer inside my network to connect to sub.my_domain.com and not to 192.168.1.*
actually I need to edit host file but its not friendly for people

Ite-me

Dabbler
Just to end the conversation I got some more information on my provider and it doesn't do (or allow ?) to do something call the loop back. So I can't access my services from inside using the domain name.

Solved