Traefik using subfolder instead of subdomain

ravenblight

Dabbler
Hi
I'm newbie in all networking cases, but I've managed to setup my homelab with scale traefik as my main reverse proxy and it is bind with ks8 gateway pointing to my AdGuard Home dns. All supported by propper certs, and public domain (where needed, not all aps are exposed). This setup works perfect, also with External Services from truecharts, and my question is about possibility of setting up external service (or ingress) to point subfolder to diffirent port?

For example I have external service homeassistant on domain
Code:
ha.mydomain.com -> 192.168.1.50:8123 

and this is working but I have some problems to correctly access apps on homeassistant. I've researched possiblity to set something like:
Code:
ha.mydomain.com/app -> 192.168.1.50:someport

to point to diffirent port but in same ip range. Is this possible, I found difficult to find usefull answer for this.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Use the TrueCharts app called External Service, then set it like this:

You'll need to add the path to have one there to work with...

1650977272992.png

truecharts

Guru
Use the TrueCharts app called External Service, then set it like this:

You'll need to add the path to have one there to work with...

View attachment 55033

One would, most likely, also need specific traefik middleware, otherwise it would only do:
ha.mydomain.com/app -> 192.168.1.50:someport/app

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

Migsi

Dabbler
Might be a good point to hint to my thread where I was facing a similar issue (which looks more lika bug) regarding prefix/redirectRegex: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/traefik-redirect-issues.100774/

Apparently the redirect does not work properly, but will append the port to the path you define (for whatever reason). If you get this to work, I'd be happy to hear what I missed.

ravenblight

Dabbler
Thanks for very fast reply, I've tried to setup regex redirect middleware, and plain redirect was working
sort of..
Code:
 https://ha.mydomain/app => https://ip:9541 

To plain ip worked but i've lost domain name in url it just redirected to ip address.
Code:
 https://($1)/app =>  https://x.x.x.x:9541 

I've tried today with truecharts app emu js which have two web interfaces
config on : 10130 (traefik catches it first in ingress, and I don't want to expose this service)
actual app on 10124 (this should be exposed)
I tried to first configure subfolder for app so I've added
Code:
^(.*)/app  => $1:10124

Regex101 replaces this nice, and without middleware emu.mydomain.com:10124 works fine
But when I've enabled middleware on emu app, it redirected me to right address but with ssl error
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
Is there any way to hide port in url and to maintain emu.mydomain.com/app, and redirection under the hood?

ravenblight

Dabbler

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
It's probably worth mentioning that you don't always need to do the redirect if the app already supports re-writing the path...

Most of the common apps do allow for the path to be set (the setting might be called something like URL base or you may need to search around for it a bit in the general or UI settings.

Where you can get the app to know that it's in a subfolder, the first path setting should be all that's needed in Traefik

sretalla