True NAS Scale with Traefik K8s Gateway combo behind another proxy

ravenblight

Dabbler
Hello,
I'm asking for help with planning and creating my new network setup for homelab.
Now I have TrueNas Scale with truecharts traefik + k8s gateway and couple of external services for apps hosted on my VM server not on scale and scale gui.
k8s gateway is configured as upstream for Adguard Home, I've forwarded Scale 80 and 443 ports on router for some apps that I need connect externaly.
Recently I've started to have some issues with Scale hanging, and that is problem because all my local urls are failing.
I wanted to setup another reverse proxy for handling redirects for all services not on Scale, forward it ports and somehow point incoming requests between, traefik and ... I don't know what to do my knowledge ends here.
If somebody have idea how to handle this config please give me some inspiration.

ravenblight

Dabbler
I solved it by forwarding nginx proxy manager instead of traefik on router, on dns I still have upstream from k8s, but all external services (truecharts app for managing certificate and dns entry) are now proxy hosts on npm, and wildcarded rest of to k8s. Also added entries, for proxy hosts in dns, and it seeams to work even if I turn off scale, the rest of system still works.

truecharts

Guru
Just to be sure:
We're a seperate project and don't frequent this forum this much.

If you need help, best to reach out directly on discord ;-)

ravenblight

Dabbler
Just to be sure:
We're a seperate project and don't frequent this forum this much.

If you need help, best to reach out directly on discord ;-)
I think that my question was not related to Your work, it was regarding services outside my whole truenas environment. I was trying to create network dns/proxy independent of scale. I have only one issue, but it is neglected everything is working right now.

truecharts

Guru
I think that my question was not related to Your work, it was regarding services outside my whole truenas environment. I was trying to create network dns/proxy independent of scale. I have only one issue, but it is neglected everything is working right now.

Connecting our Apps, is part of our project scope.
However, it has absolutely nothing to do with TrueNAS SCALE itself.

While you're free to ask help whereever you want, we highlight advice to ask our staff directly, rather than relying on unverified third-party advice.