CPU temperature difference to IPMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakka

Dabbler
Hey there,

Yesterday afternoon suddenly my CPU fan boosted up and first i didn´t bother. Today a had a look into CPU temperatures and fan speed and noticed there is a big difference in that what the ipmi tells and what the freenas UI says. In freenas I have a graph with a temp going up and down, but all above 30°C for the CPU. In IPMI it says the CPU has a constant temperature of 112°C and thats why the fan is at maximum speed.
Because the cpu usage is nearly sero, i guess the ipmi sensor ist wrong.
It is a ASRock E3C226D2I Board with i3-4160 processor and standard intel CPU-fan.

Any idea whats going wrong here?
thanks so much!
Unbenannt.PNG

pakka

Dabbler
wow... after 5th reboot now the ipmi shows almost the same cpu temperature of 31°C.
Any idea how to provide that in future? Or has had anyone else seen this before?

pakka

Dabbler
Version 11.1-U1 is mine.
but cpu usage is not the problem i guess. this is under 10%. only the mainboard temperature-sensure failed.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
wow... after 5th reboot now the ipmi shows almost the same cpu temperature of 31°C.
Any idea how to provide that in future? Or has had anyone else seen this before?
The Aspeed BMCs sometimes get wonky sensor readings. Rebooting them (not the host) tends to solve the problem.

Nick2253

Wizard
Also, updating the IPMI software helped me. I still get wonky readings, just not as often on the latest software.

omerome

Dabbler
I also have that problem and I never related it to FreeNAS. Same exact ASRock motherboard model. I had to get a board RMA'd because it was happening quite often. Now my replacement has it happen, but less frequently.

pakka

Dabbler
with the newest firmware from asrock and a hard reboot of the ipmi (is there another way to reboot it?) meaning unplug and re-plug it works quite fine for the last days.
cpu-fan increases in case of hard-working and decreases again. so all fine so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.