CPU stats not working in 12.0 U4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stux

MVP
I uploaded with ssh from my mac, changed names and fixed permissions but it's still not working even after rebooting.
No biggie but since the server is mostly idle I often use the CPU stats on the dashboard to quickly see if something's going on.
Stats are working on the report page.

EDIT: Downloaded straight to folder with wget, unzipped, permissions are correct.. still not working.
View attachment 47801

I had issues getting Safari to refresh the page as well. Using Safari's Develop menu to "Empty Caches" solved the issue.

hescominsoon

Patron
Thanks for the explanations… but it feels strange to think that testing is so "automated" that it could let slip a bug which would have been caught by any human tester looking at the front page of the user interface. Not exactly hidden or hard to spot…

On the last post, I'd like to disagree: Better wait and ship a product which has been checked by actually using it than pushing a release to meet an arbitrary schedule. And such a visually annoying bug should be fixed as soon as possible; as @Patrick M. Hausen pointed out, it affects how TrueNAS looks, and thus the prospects of attracting further users/customers. SCALE 21.06 can wait—especially if it follows the same scheme, and the moment to jump on SCALE 21.x, in confidence that it is a mature platform, if when SCALE 22 ships.
This is what happens with rapid development...it's the way just about all software has gone. I have a TrueNAS(non core) that is staying at 11.3U5 for now until 12 is what i consider stable. I have several TNC machines deployed(two here at my location itself) and one of the machines at my location is my testing rig..:)

CompuWhizz

Cadet
I did a hex compare of the patch file posted on reddit and it seems to apply the first commit but not the second. Maybe this would be sufficient in the interim. I am waiting for any developers' updates next week. Hopefully we do not have to wait until August for this fix when U5 is scheduled to be released.

EDIT: Changed my mind, installed the patched file after verifying the patched region, and it works fine. It may not be a perfect or final fix, but it does the job for now. The file posted on reddit included an additional byte at the end which does not seem necessary, so I removed that. I am attaching this version here. If you decide to try it, I suggest that you rename the original file in case you want to revert the patch.

EDIT 2: Given some are having issues installing this, here are the steps:
  1. Unzip the archive and transfer main.7827c30e6733c013d061.js.patched to /usr/local/www/webui (this should be a BINARY transfer)
  2. Rename original file: mv main.7827c30e6733c013d061.js main.7827c30e6733c013d061.js.orig
  3. Rename patch: mv main.7827c30e6733c013d061.js.patched main.7827c30e6733c013d061.js

Used this to good effect!

ddaenen1

Patron
I applied the patch. Works fine. Rather than using CLI, i did the whole thing with WinSCP. Worked like a charm :)

revengineer

Contributor
It looks like this will be officially addressed in U4.1, which is scheduled to be release on July 13.

Stux

MVP
Anyone know if you need to undo the U4 hack/fix before installing the update, or will it nicely just blat over it?

revengineer

Contributor
Anyone know if you need to undo the U4 hack/fix before installing the update, or will it nicely just blat over it?
You can install right on top. The new main.*.js file actually has a different name (different gibberish for the *), the old one no longer exists. You can delete any backup files left over from the manual patching if you have them.

shadowempire

Dabbler
Hi,
I don't know if it this is the same bug...

Here is my problem (TrueNAS Scale 21.08 Beta and TrueNAS Core 12.0-U5.1):
If I access truenas via the ip like https://192.168.1.57/ui/dashboard and click on "CPU Reports" icon, I get the graphs displayed correctly.
1631532704341.png

But if I access the same report via my proxied domain like https://myserver.com/reportsdashboard/cpu the graphs are not shown:
1631532663701.png

any idea?
thx

Redcoat

MVP
Status
Not open for further replies.