Possible bug in CPU dashboard on Scale..

WB3FFV

Dabbler
Not sure if this is where I should post this, but after getting Scale loaded in place of Core, I noticed a change in the CPU dashboard info.

I have a Dell R720xd with a pair of Intel E5-2697v2 processors (12x cores per processor, two threads). On Core, it would show in the dashboard widget that the system had 48 threads available, and on top of usage it would show the temps of the cores/threads. On Core, I got a graph showing both CPU and Temp on each of the 48 threads. Now on Scale, I am seeing CPU on all 48 threads, but only temps on the first 24 cores. I thought at first, OK, so there are only 24 physical cores so this makes sense, but it seems like the temps indicated have doubled, so I keep seeing warnings flash up.

So under Core I showed temps in the 30-35C range on everything, but now under scale on the 24 first 24 threads am now seeing 60-70C for my operating temps, even when the CPU's are just setting there loafing and doing nothing. No reason the temps should have doubled changing from Core to Scale, so I am curious as to what is up with this, any ideas?

Screenshot_Scale-172430.png

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
So under Core I showed temps in the 30-35C range on everything, but now under scale on the 24 first 24 threads am now seeing 60-70C for my operating temps, even when the CPU's are just setting there loafing and doing nothing. No reason the temps should have doubled changing from Core to Scale, so I am curious as to what is up with this, any ideas?

I assume its a bug.. can you "report a bug" and lets us know what number it is. I assume others will see the same issue on this class of processor.

WB3FFV

Dabbler
I assume its a bug.. can you "report a bug" and lets us know what number it is. I assume others will see the same issue on this class of processor.

Not sure where to do that, as I am new to Scale, but if you can point me in the right direction I am more than happy to do so..

WB3FFV

Dabbler
Not sure where to do that, as I am new to Scale, but if you can point me in the right direction I am more than happy to do so..

Never mind, I just saw it at the top of the page, somedays I am slow.. LOL

G8One2

Patron
Weird..... I have the v4 version of your CPU and mine doesnt do that....

1609120183800.png

Last edited:

WB3FFV

Dabbler
Weird..... I have the v4 version of your CPU and mine doesnt do that....

Maybe something to do with the total core/thread count? As it looks like your running with a single CPU, even though the v4 has a higher core count. So you are showing 18 cores, and 36 threads vs the 24 cores and 48 threads I am running with. Then again it could be related to the 2nd socket, but when I had TrueNAS core loaded it showed everything right, but with scale this is happening.

ornias

Wizard
I also have no temps on the second half of the threads... for a Intel Pentium g5400
no idea if the temps are realistic or not... guess they are for me :)

Will get my I7 9700 going somewhere following weeks, will report back when I've tested that CPU.

jdyoung

Cadet
I also have no temps on the 2nd CPU (and threads) , with (2) Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2440... I just searched to see if it was a bug or others reported a similar issue, as I was going to ask the same question.

ornias

Wizard
on a Non-HT 9700 I got temps on all threads and those temps are realistic.