SOLVED BitTorrent clients reporting inaccurate stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankNAS

Contributor
I am having some issues with BitTorrent clients and the stats that they are reporting to trackers.

System: FreeNAS 11.0-U4. Dell r710.
Clients tried: qBittorrent 3.3.16-NOX11, Deluge 1.3.15, Transmission 2.92

All were installed to individual jails with the default settings via the FreeNAS UI (autostart, VIMAGE).
All were installed with pkg install PACKAGE
All were able to use UPNP on my router (pfSense 2.4.2) and connect to trackers/peers and upload/download.
The WebUI for each client was used.

The issue comes when checking various trackers (2 private, 1 semi-private). The upload and most of the time, the download too is incorrect.
The download will end up being whatever the completed size is and not the total amount downloaded.
The upload will end up being about 5-40% of my actual uploaded amount.

Other odd behaviors:
qBittorrent 3.3.16 always lists "Reannounce in: 0" no matter how much time has passed and "Last Activity <1min Ago" even on torrents where I am the only seed and there are zero peers.
Deluge 1.3.15 always lists "Next Announce: inf (infinity sign) no matter how much time has passed
Transmission correctly shows the announce time but I have the same issue with stats being seemingly reported wrong

(bad) comparison:
uTorrent 3.5 (b44090) for windows and qBittorrent 3.3.16 for windows don't have the above issues with the very same trackers. Stats reported at the time of announce are reflected on the trackers exactly how they appear in the clients.

FrankNAS

Contributor
Ok a bit of an update:
I tried out the Transmission plugin in FreeNAS 11.0-U4 and got the same results; upload amounts that were fractional amounts of the actual amount

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
No one is going to be able to help you. This would be a good question for the port maintained. Maybe it's just a difference with freebsd vs Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.