Announcing FreeNAS-8.0.1-RC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy

Cadet
Hi everyone, I'm new!

I have recently made a FreeNAS box and freshly installed RC1 on it (coming from beta 4).
Has there something been changed about datasets?
I can't seem to create nested (children) datasets.

I cleanly installed RC1 (didn't do the upgrade).
Then I deleted the ZFS Volume and I created a new one.
Now I can only create datasets at the volume level and not in other datasets?
I believe this was possible with beta 4.

Is this a bug or is it by design?

enemy85

Guru
Do you get a sequence of ######## ?
In any event, it is most likely a BIOS incompatibility issue. There is a bug # opened with this issue (I am too lazy to search for it). I don't think it has been resolved. It usually happens with older PCs. Any chance you could update to a more modern BIOS?

i have the same problem of chris8051...
I have an AMD E350... with the 8.0.1 beta2 it worked, now with the RC1 it started at the beginnig but after at the reboot it goes in a continous loop...

Dutchy

Cadet
Is this a bug or is it by design?
Whoops, I seem to be confused with shares. It wasn't possible with previous versions.
There however is a post on the forum where they create these by CLI.

Ah well, never mind.

chris8051

Dabbler
I have an AMD E350... with the 8.0.1 beta2 it worked, now with the RC1 it started at the beginnig but after at the reboot it goes in a continous loop...

I never got the betas to work but it does work with 0.7.2. FYI I am using Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5630 @ 2.53GHz

andymemo

Dabbler

Im also on an AMD E350 architecture and had the reboot loop problem also from BETA3 onwards, see:
http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?695-FreeNAS-8.0.1-BETA3&p=4347#post4347
http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?1021-FreeNAS-8.0.1-BETA4&p=4541#post4541

Basically, turn off USB3 in your BIOS and you should be good :)

enemy85

Guru

enemy85

Guru
my mobo doesn't have any usb 3 port that's why i can't find that option

chris8051

Dabbler
Still no luck getting RC1 to boot on Dell PE R710

Currently running 0.7.2 Sabanda (revision 7529) on Dell PE R710.
(amd64-full on Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5630 @ 2.53GHz)
I have it booting from hard disk. No problem works fine. But I have been unable to get RC1 to work on this same hardware fails during boot process (off USB Flash) seems like in endless loop. I have tried wiping the hard drive clean prior to the 8 install to make sure no residual info that might be confusing new install/boot.

None of the betas of 8 seem to work on this hardware. No USB3 settings on this device, and firmware is up to date (3.0)

M

Milos Vucekovic

Hello, im having problems with booting the 8.01 RC1, it says it cant mount FreeNASs1 and ask for bash path... 8.0 works just fine on the same hardware, hope the 8.01 final will work :)

Brad Bowers

Dabbler
So, previously I've upgraded my setup via the GUI... If I don't have physical access to an 8.01-Beta2 box to do the CD upgrade to RC1, is there any other way I might be able to go about getting this upgraded? I have access to the GUI and SSH... no other way to get to it for a long time really...

benool

Cadet
Hello, im having problems with booting the 8.01 RC1, it says it cant mount FreeNASs1 and ask for bash path... 8.0 works just fine on the same hardware, hope the 8.01 final will work :)

You do have a 2+ Gb USB key to install FreeNAS8 on, right?

Since BETA4, the minimum size for install is 2gb.

benool

Cadet
So, previously I've upgraded my setup via the GUI... If I don't have physical access to an 8.01-Beta2 box to do the CD upgrade to RC1, is there any other way I might be able to go about getting this upgraded? I have access to the GUI and SSH... no other way to get to it for a long time really...

I'd stay away from RC1 for the moment. There seem to be quite a few issues being reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.