Announcing FreeNAS 8.0.1-RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse

Guru
Wanna upgrade as soon as possible from 8.0.0-stable. Can anyone tell me if there will be any trouble (up to a possible data loss) when saving the config, updating via cd and reapplying the config?

Should work without any data loss. In addition to backing up your config, if you're booting from USB memory stick I'd suggesting installing 8.0.1 to a new stick (meaning you can revert back to 8.0.0 on your original USB stick in case of a problem) or take a dd image of the existing stick so you can restore it if necessary.

And just out of curiosity: why is a online upgrade from one stable to the next one not possible?

The partition size used by the OS has increased making an in-place upgrade no longer possible. FreeNAS now requires a minimum of 2GB to install.

gaelic

Dabbler
Should work without any data loss. In addition to backing up your config, if you're booting from USB memory stick I'd suggesting installing 8.0.1 to a new stick (meaning you can revert back to 8.0.0 on your original USB stick in case of a problem) or take a dd image of the existing stick so you can restore it if necessary.

Thanks. As I'm a Linux User thats an easy task
The partition size used by the OS has increased making an in-place upgrade no longer possible. FreeNAS now requires a minimum of 2GB to install.

Ok, thanks for pointing that out.

J

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Just a heads up, FreeNAS 8.0.1 release got everything working for me, I can unplug my UPS and immediately get an email =]

Now we gotta get something in the gui for disk failure notifications, then I would worry any more =]

Status
Not open for further replies.