X10SLL-F + i3-4330 No Post, First NAS Build

Mitsubisci

Cadet
Hi all,

Happy to start my journey into the FreeNAS community. I just put together my first NAS build, but I can't achieve and post or VGA display when booting.

Here are the specs, I used the hardware guide to put it together:
CPU: Intel i3-4330
MOBO: Supermicro X10SLL-F
RAM: Crucial CT102472BD160B, then Hynix HMT41GU7MFR8C-PB
PSU: Seasonic SSR-550RM
DRIVES: 3x 4TB WD RED WD40EFRX, not yet installed

I first had no success with the crucial memory, getting 4 rapid beeps then one longer one. I understood this indicated a memory issue, so I requested a new stick from the Newegg seller. He said that was his last one, so I did some other research and found that the i3-4330 doesn't explicitly support 1.35V RAM according to Intel ARK.

I then bought the Hynix stick, but the same error persisted. 4 rapid beeps and 1 longer one.

That brings me here. I already tried each DIMM with both sticks. Only the CPU, RAM, and FreeNAS install flash drive are connected to the PC. I tried using a known good PSU from my desktop PC to no avail.

My last thought is that the CPU is DOA, but the seller on eBay said it came from a working environment (grain of salt, I know). But before I get a different CPU I figured I'd seek help here, considering the memory beep codes.

Thanks in advance for your help,
A.J.

Mitsubisci

Cadet
Edit: Sorry, I forgot to add that I RMA's the mobo as well, reading some other posts on this forum I thought maybe the board was DOA.