Supermicro X10SLL-F no video

tobire

Cadet
I'm using a Supermicro X10SLL-F board with an i3 4330 and 8GB of Samsung ECC RAM (M391B1G73QH0-YK0).
After starting the system the CPU fan starts spinning and the systems seems to start but there is no video output via VGA.
If I connect the IPMI ethernet, I can access the IPMI webinterface (attached image). That even works if the RAM is not installed.
The VGA jumper is set to 1-2 so that shouldn't be the problem.

Any ideas or recommendations to fix this issue?

Attachments

• index.png
    index.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 483

Evertb1

Guru
If you are in the WebGUI open the KVM Console. You can find it here: Remote Control -->> Console Redirection. It is a Java app. Ignore the warnings that it needs to be updated. Just open the offered java applet that will be downloaded to your browser.

Within the console you will find the Power Control menu. You can start, stop, reboot etc. The console shows the same thing as would be shown on a monitor during boot etc. In he KVBM console start or reboot the machine from the power control menu. You should see the boot strap etc. in the console window. If the console window stays black there might be something wrong with the motherboard.

tobire

Cadet
After starting the applet the screen stays black and the title says "No Signal" (screenshot attached).
After shutting down and starting back up using the Power Control menu the system seems to get stuck in some kind of loop.
Speaker clicks once, fan stops spinning, ~5 second pause, speaker clicks twice, fan starts spinning, ~7 seconds pause and it stops again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 502
Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the similar issue with a Mini XL. No video from the VGA port, I haven't tried the IPMI port yet.