SOLVED MBD-X10SLL-F-O no blinky green led

Status
Not open for further replies.

purduephotog

Explorer
It's been a very long week and I normally wouldn't consider begging for help, but here I am.

I have one completely stable build using 9.2.1.8 and it fired right up after being down a year (for my medical reasons).

I purchased similar hardware except for the Viking ram, given the changes, and now I have a board that just looks ... odd... compared to every other supermicro build I've done.

Basically, the standby power LED (orange) is glowing, but instead of the solid blinky green LED I get ... a very very dim LED barely lit. The machine won't turn on, period. I've shorted the jumpers directly (assuming a bad connection) and it still won't come on.

I can fire up another mobo with the PSU, so I doubt its that but I will be swapping out.

It's a G3220, MBD-X10SLL-F-O, Samsung 8GB DDR3-1600 MHz PC3-12800 240-pin ECC Server Memory - M391B1G73QH0-YK0.

It ought to turn on or spin a fan or beep at me. It doesn't.

I've pulled out all the peripherals and dropped the board back onto a static mat and still no go.

Before I rip down the working FreeNas build and steal the Viking Ram (which may or may not even work) ... is there something I should try first? Because frankly I'm out of ideas...

... pulled CMOS batter, reset bios, watchdog on/off, IPMI on/off,USB stick in / out....

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It's been a very long week and I normally wouldn't consider begging for help, but here I am.

I have one completely stable build using 9.2.1.8 and it fired right up after being down a year (for my medical reasons).

I purchased similar hardware except for the Viking ram, given the changes, and now I have a board that just looks ... odd... compared to every other supermicro build I've done.

Basically, the standby power LED (orange) is glowing, but instead of the solid blinky green LED I get ... a very very dim LED barely lit. The machine won't turn on, period. I've shorted the jumpers directly (assuming a bad connection) and it still won't come on.

I can fire up another mobo with the PSU, so I doubt its that but I will be swapping out.

It's a G3220, MBD-X10SLL-F-O, Samsung 8GB DDR3-1600 MHz PC3-12800 240-pin ECC Server Memory - M391B1G73QH0-YK0.

It ought to turn on or spin a fan or beep at me. It doesn't.

I've pulled out all the peripherals and dropped the board back onto a static mat and still no go.

Before I rip down the working FreeNas build and steal the Viking Ram (which may or may not even work) ... is there something I should try first? Because frankly I'm out of ideas...

... pulled CMOS batter, reset bios, watchdog on/off, IPMI on/off,USB stick in / out....

Are you saying IPMI has power and is accessible? That's odd. Does it have anything logged?

purduephotog

Explorer
Swapped out Viking ram and still wouldn't boot. Looks like it's processor and ram transplant to old board to see if it fixes or posts.

purduephotog

Explorer
OK my head hurts.

Swapped every component. Finally broke out the last PSU I had from my main machine... And it booted to ipmi.

So... Solved? Maybe? At least I now have a blinking green led. Can't figure out why two working PSU wouldn't bring it up... No drives or other components attached.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What PSU models are we talking about?

survive

Behold the Wumpus

purduephotog

Explorer
One is a TruePower (old Antec), the other is another Antec. I finally found out the corsairs seem to be OK, so I'm buying 2 more (a gold and bronze) to replace the others. when the rebates come around...

Talk about annoying though. I wouldn't have thought sleep states on the first initial boot for the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.