Web interface could not be accessed

Hello Friends,

I am a newbie regarding Freenas. I have been trying to looking for an answer regarding this issue but I have not found a solution.

I get the web interface could not be accessed error.

1664641812501.png

I read the forums a bit and some people mentioned that it might be the gaming motherboard that might be the issue. I tried testing it with an external usb ethernet dongle as well tried it on another computer that does not have a gaming motherboard. But the same issue persists.

I am thinking maybe there is something wrong with my network configuration?. I am not sure where to go from here to make sure that everything talks to everything correctly any information on where to look next for troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Gaming motherboards often use gimpy ethernet chipsets, and USB ethernet dongles are definitely not expected to work. It would be best to replace the gaming board, but in a pinch you can probably procure a (genuine) Intel Desktop CT ethernet adapter and that should work very well.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
My only real concern is the active market in fake cards. Make sure it's returnable if it doesn't work. The Desktop CT card has been the go-to choice for "replacement" ethernet cards for years.

Just posting for people that have the same issue, I was able to solve the issue with the Intel CT desktop card. Thank you Jgreco!