"The web interface could not be accessed." after upgrade to Ryzen platform.

Stoffern

Dabbler
Good evening!

I just upgraded my server today from a core i5 6500T to my old Ryzen 7 3700X. Naturally a new motherboard too (ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING)

Current relevant server specs:
MBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
CPU: R7 3700X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz
LAN: Intel® I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet
WLAN: Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200

After the hardware upgrade I went ahead and updated the BIOS before booting into my drive with FreeNAS. Once booted up, everything seemed normal at first until I got to the console setup screen and got the message "The web interface could not be accessed." rather than the usual IP address.

I tried a quick google search but I'm really not in the mood for reading through hundreds of forum posts if someone has a quick answer here.

I found one thread with a similar issue where the motherboard was outright incompatible, but I really do hope that's not the case.

I have ensured that the ethernet cable does in fact work. It *shouldn't be a hardware issue.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

IMG_20210902_182124.jpg

UPDATE:

I have tried installing TrueNAS Core now on another external drive to see if that would detect my network adapters, but it's the same result. I'm starting to fear that it might very well be a compatibility issue seeing as nothing of interest shows up when I type 'ifconfig' in the shell.

Last edited:

Redcoat

MVP