Truenas core + hp t620 + upload config = the web interface could not be accessed

dzikk

Cadet
hi
I freshly installed Truenas Core and works fine with my HP T620. After upload config from previous platform (intel atom n260) I cannot get an access to website because of "the web interface could not be accessed"
what Im doing wrong?
thank you in advance

Redcoat

MVP
You likely have to reconfigure your network interface.

Redcoat

MVP
is exist help/tutorial for that?
Yes - it's at https://www.truenas.com/docs/core/gettingstarted/consolesetupmenu/

First thing I would do is check that the IP address listed at the bottom of the console menu is on the same subnet as that of your PC that you are using to attempt to reach the web interface.

If you are uncertain, please list here the IP addresses of each of your router/gateway, your PC and the IP address gven to you from the console menu of your TrueNAS box.

Also, please describe your network hardware.

Edit: Please also describe the configuration of your HPT260 and how you know that TrueNAS was "working fine" before you uploaded the configuration file from another platform.

Last edited:

dzikk

Cadet
Thank you a lot for explanation.
The problem with Core version is that it detect only 1 interface in option Configure Network Interfaces (1).
I freshly installed Truenas Core and without any problem/configuration I had DHCP IP adress (192.168.2.187) - I was able to open web interface and configure it from beggining. But when I loaded backuped configuration from my previous mobo - I got the problem what I descriped (hopefully understantable).

Finaly
I updated Core to Scale, but after upload backuped configuration I experienced the same problem like with Core. Now in Configure Network Interfaces I have 2 interfaces ! so just simply changed DHCP from first to second and works perfectly !

Redcoat

MVP
Well, glad you got it working after a strange happening with the interface identification.
Thanks for the update.