X399 TrueNAS SCALE "web interface could not be accessed"

ren

Cadet
Hey everyone!

I am using TrueNAS SCALE and have recently migrated all of my drives to different hardware (B450 platform to X399). Since then, I am receiving a "web interface could not be accessed" message. There are no indicator lights on the onboard NIC, but the network functions perfectly in a live Ubuntu environment.

I am using a Threadripper 1900X on an ASRock Taichi X399 motherboard. This system worked great with TrueNAS CORE, but could there be different supported drivers between SCALE and CORE? Referring to the ASRock website, this board has two Intel I211AT NICs.

Are there any ways to update the drivers? Or is this platform just not supported in TrueNAS SCALE?

jgreco

Resident Grinch
This system worked great with TrueNAS CORE, but could there be different supported drivers between SCALE and CORE?

Of course. SCALE is based on Linux and CORE is based on FreeBSD; they're completely different operating systems, and the drivers are certainly completely different as well.

Are there any ways to update the drivers?

There is no supported way to update the drivers other than to install new OS releases as they are released. TrueNAS is an appliance OS and is not meant to have end users tinkering under the hood.

Referring to the ASRock website, this board has two Intel I211AT NICs.

That seems like it'd be supported.

What is it saying on the console when you've booted it up?

Arwen

MVP
@ren - Did you migrate your boot device from the B450 platform to X399?

If so, this is normal. Simply use the console to modify the network configuration. You need to do this because their is almost certainly a difference between the 2 system boards for network controller chips. (If not brand & model, it could also be address.)

ren

Cadet
@ren - Did you migrate your boot device from the B450 platform to X399?

If so, this is normal. Simply use the console to modify the network configuration. You need to do this because their is almost certainly a difference between the 2 system boards for network controller chips. (If not brand & model, it could also be address.)
That fixed it! I did migrate the boot drive as well. Going into "Configure network interfaces," I had enabled ipv4 dhcp and set up my MTU and rebooted. Initially, there still wasn't any luck picking up an IP address, until I realized I was using the wrong NIC port! Everything is working as expected now. Thank you guys! :)