UPS Driver Not Connected Errors (usbhid-ups)

shauno100

Dabbler
Hi,

I have a new Cyber Power CP900EPFCLCDa UPS that i have connected to my TrueNAS SCALE Cobia Beta 1 system. No matter what combination of settings i try in Services>UPS i keep getting the below error:

Code:
upsc ups
Init SSL without certificate database
Error: Driver not connected

I have tried different Cyber Power UPS models in the model dropdown list which all use the usbhid-ups driver but still have the issue.

I can see that the device is connected in system logs:

Code:
dmesg | grep CP9                  
[    1.731179] usb 2-2: Product: CP900EPFCLCD
[    2.340392] hid-generic 0003:0764:0501.0001: hiddev0,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Device [CPS CP900EPFCLCD] on usb-0000:00:14.0-2/input0

Below is output of upsd

Code:
upsd                      
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.8.0
fopen /run/nut/upsd.pid: No such file or directory
Could not find PID file '/run/nut/upsd.pid' to see if previous upsd instance is already running!

not listening on ::1 port 3493
not listening on 127.0.0.1 port 3493
no listening interface available

I'm at a loss at how i can fix this. I used to have an old CyberPower Value series UPS and have used the same settings (except model) in UPS settings in TrueNAS with no issue so i can't work out what's going wrong.

I'm unsure if this is a new model of UPS that may not be supported by the usbhid-ups driver or NUT or a bug with the Cobia Beta 1 release.

Any pointers as to how i may be able to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if you need specific hardware details of my NAS system.

Attachments

• ups.png
    ups.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

shauno100

Dabbler
UPDATE: I went back to Bluefin 22.12.3.3 and the UPS now works fine and upsc ups returns the expected results. Obviously an issue with Cobia so hopefully it's fixed in next release.

LarsR

Guru
There's a bug in cobia with ups drivers.
I got my ups working in cobia by manually using sudo upsdrvctl start from shell/ssh session

FrankWard

Explorer
I just upgraded to latest Cobia and my UPS is not being recognized. Worked fine before. Can you point us to where you read about this issue?

FrankWard

Explorer
The bug was resolved with the 23.10.1 with the August release and should not be present in 23.10.1
I found the Issue in Jira, this is the old bug from August https://ixsystems.atlassian.net/browse/NAS-123625.
Since the 23.10.0.1 Upate i had no further issues with my ups, including the 23.10.1 Update from yesterday.

Thank you. A USB plug/replug after upgrade fixed it to me with the latest Cobia release. It is also being properly reported and seen by my slave Core system.

Sasquatch

Explorer
slightly different problem, I'm looking for ups for my system but all ups'es in ups config screen are USA models, what are the chances for cyber power cp1000avr driver(usbhid) working with vp900 or CP900EPFCLCD UK models?