Upgrade From 11.3-U5 to TrueNAS 12.0 Gui Very Slow & Errors From Python,

Snow

Patron
Sorry about the wall of text ahead of time.

So I did the Update from 11.3-u5 to the new TrueNas 12.0 on my Primary server the X9 supermicro. For some reason I picked 12.0 but in ssh it shows 12.2-RC3. I am really excited about 12.0 and was looking forward to it! All the jails where not working, which is pretty normal. I did have to change devfs_ruleset on all my jails or they would not start. They were all set to 14 but one was 12. I seen a post that said to try 4 and they would run, that did work. At this point I'm not seeing any errors on the jails or Gui. I Then made sure all my other stuff was working, it was. So I went and upgraded the Pool's to 12.0. Cool no problems & no errors. I could worry about getting all my jails updated, upgraded & release upgrade later. Once I knew they where working on that release candidate. So I logged out for the night.

The Next day I new I was going to have to do some more work on the jails. So I decide to use my Couch Potato as my guinea pig. To see if I could upgrade or update them or if I would have to reinstall them. This is pretty common place or at least has been for me. Am I doing it wrong? So I logged in to the Gui, Then I moved over to the jails page, it took a very long time! So I clicked the dashboard it would not load. At this point I new I had Fracked up. Then I noticed the Gui pages where loading fast, but all the info was taking two to five minutes to load (oh no). No matter what I would click on in the Gui it did the same thing. Ssh was better then the gui.

Now on the Network & Local side of the jails it loads right away with no latency. Also having no problems on the SMB shares or speed issues. Last thing If I ssh in it takes like ten to fifteen sec to load the command line this is not normal. Any help would be great. The save debug in the Gui does not work. It will returns with the 2nd trace back below.

Code:
Nov 16 20:39:52 freenas 1 2020-11-16T20:39:52.889159-06:00 #######.######.### collectd 4563 - - Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/collectd_pyplugins/disktemp.py", line 62, in read
    with Client() as c:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 281, in __init__
    self._ws.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 124, in connect
    rv = super(WSClient, self).connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ws4py/client/__init__.py", line 223, in connect
    bytes = self.sock.recv(128)
socket.timeout: timed out
I tired to do a debug to see if I could get more Info, I got another Error with a Trace back.
Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 361, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 399, in __run_body
    rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/utils/run_in_thread.py", line 10, in run_in_thread
    return await self.loop.run_in_executor(self.run_in_thread_executor, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/utils/io_thread_pool_executor.py", line 25, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 977, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/system.py", line 787, in debug
    shutil.copyfileobj(f, job.pipes.output.w)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/shutil.py", line 205, in copyfileobj
    fdst_write(buf)
BrokenPipeError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

Last edited:

Snow

Patron
I guess I am not the only one with this problem.

A Link to post where another person that is having this same problem. Pvt joker

Last edited:

Snow

Patron
Bug Report Filed, Do not mind my bad spelling, I for got that it can not be edited after the fact.

IX Bug Reporting

Snow

Patron
issue should be fixed in upcoming 12.0-U1

So I did the Update from 11.3-u5 to the new TrueNas 12.0 on my Primary server the X9 supermicro. For some reason I picked 12.0 but in ssh it shows 12.2-RC3. I am really excited about 12.0 and was looking forward to it!

From what I understand, the TrueNAS release numbers don't reflect the FreeBSD base on which they are built upon.

We are running TrueNAS 12.0-RELEASE as a NAS appliance, which is built on top of FreeBSD 12.2-RC3.

Like you, I was confused by this at first. Why would a stable NAS appliance be built on top of a release canditate?

Last edited: