Updating OwnCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertymodo

Contributor
Ok, cool. That makes sense, since FreeNAS 10 is pretty much going to break plugin upgrades anyway, from what I understand.

qwertymodo

Contributor
I could add the redis php extension, but it'd be up to a user to install and enable redis, and configure their config.php.
It would be nice if you could include the redis binaries as well, it's a real pain to install applications inside of a plugin without access to ports or most of the necessary build tools for a source install.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
It would be nice if you could include the redis binaries as well, it's a real pain to install applications inside of a plugin without access to ports or most of the necessary build tools for a source install.
you can just install it to the jail, not sure how that's hard?
pkg install redis
sysrc redis_enable=YES

configure redis config and owncloud

qwertymodo

Contributor
Hmm... there are php-redis modules for 5.5 and 5.6 available in pkg, but none for 5.4. Oh well...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hmm... there are php-redis modules for 5.5 and 5.6 available in pkg, but none for 5.4. Oh well...
it's not as straight forward to install the php modules, to the php the plugin uses. that's why they'd need to be bundled with the plugin.

if you want a high performance owncloud I suggest you try installing owncloud in a jail until the freenas 10 plugin is available. I have a guide in the how-to section you could try.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
owncloud 9.0.0 should be available in the repo, I was able to update the bundled php to 5.5 and include the redis extension.

LastManStanding

Dabbler
Hello, I have the Problem with 9.0.3 update. According to the message after calling ownCloud web page it is permanently in Maintenance Mode.
Can this also be solved by using command interface?

Update was done by using the button in freeNAS.

Thanks!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hello, I have the Problem with 9.0.3 update. According to the message after calling ownCloud web page it is permanently in Maintenance Mode.
Can this also be solved by using command interface?

Update was done by using the button in freeNAS.

Thanks!
The plugin update mechanism just replaces the application files with the latest ones. It is still needed to use 'occ' to upgrade the database.
Can you try the following?
Code:
su -m www -c '/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/bin/php /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud/occ upgrade'

LastManStanding

Dabbler
results in
[root@freenas /mnt/Daten/jails/owncloud_1]# su -m www -c '/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/bin/php /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud/occ u
pgrade'
/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/bin/php: Command not found.
[root@freenas /mnt/Daten/jails/owncloud_1]#

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you need to run that in the owncloud jail, and by in I don't just mean in the same files, but from the same context of running inside the jail

LastManStanding

Dabbler
yes, of course... today's heat is killing my brain

root@owncloud_1:/ # su -m www -c '/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/bin/php /usr/pbi/owncl
oud-amd64/www/owncloud/occ upgrade'
The process control (PCNTL) extensions are required in case you want to interrup
t long running commands - see http://php.net/manual/en/book.pcntl.php
ownCloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands
are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Set log level to debug

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
to me it sounds like you are running the upgrade. did it work?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
please read the docs for occ, modify the command I posted and disable maintenance mode. maybe that will explain what else needs to be done

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
welcome
Also you could check the logs in /media and post on the owncloud forum

LastManStanding

Dabbler
what editor can be used to edit config.php? I will try to get rid of maintenance mode.

Edit:
o.k., it's just "edit" ;)

Last edited:

LastManStanding

Dabbler
o.k, I removed maintenance mode and started su -m www -c '/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/bin/php /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud/occ upgrade' again

the only change to yesterday was that maintenance mode was set back to true.

Status
Not open for further replies.