Owncloud 9.1 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

icsy7867

Contributor
Just tried to update my Owncloud plugin. The update seemed to go through, except when I try and access the main page I get an error that states:

Update needed
Please use the command line updater because you have a big instance.

For help, see the documentation.

The documentation looks helpful, it says to run:
sudo -u apache php occ upgrade -h

of course this will not translate to my Jail. I found the occ file:
/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud

But if I try to run it I just get a permission denied, even though I am root. I am hesitant to change permissions unless that is what I need to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am not quite sure what to do.

icsy7867

Contributor
I figured this part out at least. I needed to install sudo to be able to run as www, and then I had to find the location of php:

/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud]# sudo -u www /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/bin/php occ upgrade

This command ran successfully, but after taking owncloud out of maintenance mode, I still had the same error. Any ideas?

icsy7867

Contributor
I forgot that I had made an LDAP server on an Ubuntu VM for testing. Owncloud did not like not being able to communicate with the LDAP server and would fail during the upgrade. This is solved now, and I am able to log in without issue!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you actually don't need to install sudo =P

"su -m www -c '/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/bin/php /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud/occ upgrade'"

Good morning, I tried to use the commands that you guys say, but to no avail, no can do "su" or "sudo" ... updated the plugin for graphic of FreeNAS environment, I am using the latest version, and whenever I try to access the cloud says "needed Update Please use the command line updater because you have a big instance. "

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Good morning, I tried to use the commands that you guys say, but to no avail, no can do "su" or "sudo" ... updated the plugin for graphic of FreeNAS environment, I am using the latest version, and whenever I try to access the cloud says "needed Update Please use the command line updater because you have a big instance. "
Can you show the output when you try the command in the owncloud jail

Hello,

I made this :

jls

jexec 2 /bin/tcsh

sudo
command not found

owncloud.png

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you broke your jail, this usually happens when someone changes the ownership/permission level of their jail dataset.

you'll need to either restore it from a snapshot or.. install a new owncloud plugin. you could then copy over the contents of /media to have your owncloud instance restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.