Upgrading OwnCloud to 9.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suprazz

Dabbler
The admin webpage is telling me to upgrade to version 9.1.1 ('m at 9.1) so if I click on Open Updater (/index.php/settings/admin#updater) I get the error:

[UnexpectedValueException]
Could not parse a response for config:list. Please check if the current shell user can run occ command. Raw output:
Not allowed

I tried to do that manually with the command
su -m www -c '/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/bin/php /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud/occ upgrade'
but this returns: ownCloud is already to latest version.

What do I have to do.
Thanks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you need to replace your owncloud source before running the 'occ upgrade' command.
https://doc.owncloud.org/server/9.1/admin_manual/maintenance/manual_upgrade.html

This should work, though I do suggest you take a snapshot first just in-case.
Code:
fetch "http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.1.1.tar.bz2"
mv /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud ./owncloud-bak
tar jxf owncloud-*.tar.bz2 -C /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www
cp ./owncloud-bak/config/config.php /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud/config

su -m www -c '/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/bin/php /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud/occ upgrade'
chown -R www:www /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud
rm owncloud-*.tar.bz2 ./owncloud-bak

Suprazz

Dabbler
Many thanks for the fast reply.
It worked well.
What do I have to do to if next time I want to be able to do the upgrade via the web page in owncloud administration?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Many thanks for the fast reply.
It worked well.
What do I have to do to if next time I want to be able to do the upgrade via the web page in owncloud administration?
I don't think the admin page you browsed to downloads newer versions anymore.
- You might want to check on the owncloud forums, but I think at least for the time being this should be done on the commandline. =/
This part could also be done if I released newer versions of the plugin and you did the upgrade through freenas.
- Once the files are overwritten you should be presented with a page with a "Start update" button which will upgrade your database an make any other needed changes. (This does the same thing as running the 'occ upgrade' command.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.