Owncloud permission denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashpoint

Dabbler
Hey guys,

I am trying to rescan all my files on owncloud. I used an FTP client to upload about 100GB of data. I had a feeling that a browser/java would crash. Anyway. When I try to use hte ./occ command it says "Permission Denied"

[root@PE2950] /mnt/VOL1/jails/owncloud_1/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud# ./occ

CORRECT>./ocs (y|n|e|a)? yes
./ocs: Permission denied.

I tried using "su www" as well as it is the owner the file, with no luck. It still gives me the same output.

"sudo ./occ" or "sudo /mnt/VOL1/jails/owncloud_1/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud occ" gives me an error as well. (file not found)

I don't know what to do, I can't rescan my folders so that means I have no access to them. Does anyone have an idea of what I should do?

oh and ps apparently there is no php installed and the web client some how works?
[root@PE2950] /mnt/VOL1/jails/owncloud_1/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud# php
php: Command not found.

Thanks for your time and help!

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You don't run these these commands from freenas like you are. You need to run them from inside the jail. To do this you need to type jls then use that id of the jail and jexec csh <id> this will give you a shell inside the jail and should allow you to run those commands or at least get closer to running them.

flashpoint

Dabbler
You don't run these these commands from freenas like you are. You need to run them from inside the jail. To do this you need to type jlist then use that id of the jail and jexec csh <id> this will give you a shell inside the jail and should allow you to run those commands or at least get closer to running them.

jlist does not work apparently.

jlist: Command not found.

I tried going to the jails page and use the console there. Since I assume thats what the command is supposed to do, right?

php still does not exist:

root@owncloud_1:/ # php
root@owncloud_1:/ #

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Woops I meant jls

flashpoint

Dabbler
Woops I meant jls
Oh well, now we are stuck on another command! :p

jexec csh

the syntax is

Code:
usage: jexec [-u username | -U username] jail command ...

I can only use usernames, no jail ids.

I tried using 4 as username this is the output:

[root@PE2950] ~# jexec csh 4
jexec: jail "csh" not found

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
jexec <Id> csh

Trying to do this from memory and clearly having issues. I think my fingers remember better when in actually doing this and not just talking about it.

flashpoint

Dabbler
jexec <Id> csh

Trying to do this from memory and clearly having issues. I think my fingers remember better when in actually doing this and not just talking about it.

You did it! :smile:.

Although, we are stuck on the PHP problem now.

root@owncloud_1:/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud # php
root@owncloud_1:/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud # ./occ
env: php: No such file or director

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty

flashpoint

Dabbler
Did you do step 10 from the guide?

https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...talling-owncloud-in-freenas-or-freebsd.19605/

I have never use owncloud so I'm not sure what that script does. Are you using the plugin or manual install?

Plugin. It makes your own dropbox pretty much. Pretty useful if you wanna backup stuff with a web UI. Or backup your phones content, etc.
Step 10 won't work since PHP is not installed, I don't know how owncloud even works without PHP...

Status
Not open for further replies.