owncloud 7.0.4 PHP issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianwi

Guru
I was running owncloud from the plug-in on my FreeNAS box and then went a little off piste and updated to 7.0.2 through own clouds webui.

Everything was running fine, although I was struggling to install a few 3rd party apps and had been getting the 7.0.3 and then 7.0.4 update message so thought I'd give it a try.

So now it's broken, and I'm getting a 'PHP module XMLWriter not installed' message :(

Anyone here running owncloud 7.0.4 and/or have any idea how I fixed this given my limited knowledge? One of these days I really will learn not to try and fix things if they are not broken ;)

Edit: Just noticed in the owncloud release notes they've added the XMLWriter check in 7.0.4. I guess I need to work out how to disable the check or install PHP XMLWriter in my Jail?

Last edited:

adrianwi

Guru
Agggghhhh - having a bad day in FreeNASland today!

Have tried various things to fix my owncloud instance and think I've probably made it worse. Not sure updating the plugin version outside the standard update process was a great idea, so decided to have a go at creating from scratch and trying to learn a few things along the way.

Thought I'd try DrKK's guide and can't even get the standard jail to update using pkg update command, with following error:

Updating repository catalogue
pkg: pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:9:x86:64/latest/digests.txz: Invalid URL scheme
pkg: No digest falling back on legacy catalog format
pkg: pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:9:x86:64/latest/repo.txz: Invalid URL scheme

Looking at the console whilst creating the jail I'm getting lots of 'failed to install the following packages' messages. Is there something wrong with the jail template?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Agggghhhh - having a bad day in FreeNASland today!

Have tried various things to fix my owncloud instance and think I've probably made it worse. Not sure updating the plugin version outside the standard update process was a great idea, so decided to have a go at creating from scratch and trying to learn a few things along the way.

Thought I'd try DrKK's guide and can't even get the standard jail to update using pkg update command, with following error:

Updating repository catalogue
pkg: pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:9:x86:64/latest/digests.txz: Invalid URL scheme
pkg: No digest falling back on legacy catalog format
pkg: pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:9:x86:64/latest/repo.txz: Invalid URL scheme

Looking at the console whilst creating the jail I'm getting lots of 'failed to install the following packages' messages. Is there something wrong with the jail template?
I think the FN jail template comes with an old pkg config. I think this should fix your issue.
Code:
rm /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf

adrianwi

Guru
Thanks! It doesn't get any better though! I think I've now got 2 jails conflicting in some way as I get the message "You must configure a default route (Network->IPv4 Default Gateway)" when trying to access the Plugin or Jails config.

Is there a way to stop one using the shell?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks! It doesn't get any better though! I think I've now got 2 jails conflicting in some way as I get the message "You must configure a default route (Network->IPv4 Default Gateway)" when trying to access the Plugin or Jails config.

Is there a way to stop one using the shell?
probably, but its probably best to stop it on the Jails tab in the FreeNAS WebInterface

adrianwi

Guru
Thats what I tried but it's where I'm getting the "You must configure a default route (Network->IPv4 Default Gateway)" error in big red letters at the top of the windows :o

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thats what I tried but it's where I'm getting the "You must configure a default route (Network->IPv4 Default Gateway)" error in big red letters at the top of the windows :eek:
I have no idea. My stuff just works =/

adrianwi

Guru
Haha! Thanks, I think ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.