Unable To Boot From USB Drive To Upgrade

JKFreeNAS

Cadet
TL;DR was attempting to upgrade from FreeNAS 10 to 11 and the upgrade appears to have failed. I grabbed the latest ISO from the FreeNAS site and burned it using both ImageWriter and Rufus. Regardless, the outcome remains the same. I did the command set xhci_load=YES and still no luck. See link for output. I should also note that I'm only trying to upgrade from USB (via console) because I can no longer access the GUI because of the failed upgrade.

https://imgur.com/a/9izlUcs

JKFreeNAS

Cadet
Appreciate the reply!

MOBO: Gigabye H77N Wifi. BIOS has been updated.
CPU: Intel Core i3
RAM: 2 x Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory 1.5V

JKFreeNAS

Cadet
Quick update. Was able to upgrade via CD. Lost all my data and configs but it's updated. Is there any way to restore them?

JKFreeNAS

Cadet
Here's the output:

Capture.PNG

garm

Wizard
What about zpool import?

Did you restore your configuration?

gpsguy

JKFreeNAS

Cadet
What about zpool import?

Did you restore your configuration?

Here's the output of zpool import. Looks promising but don't know what do do next.

Capture.PNG

You should have followed these directions to migrate from Corral (FreeNAS 10) to FreeNAS 9.x or 11.x - https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...ng-from-freenas-corral-to-freenas-9-10-11.36/

You should have been able to keep the data. You won't be able to restore the configuration, since the databases are different.

Honestly, not worried so much about the configurations. Moreso the data.

gpsguy

gpsguy

btw, we hope you have a good backup.

Your pool (volume) is striped. Meaning, that should either disk fail, you'll loose all your data. Given that you'll need to reconfigure FreeNAS from scratch, I would backup the data and create a new pool. At a minimum, you'd probably want to look at mirrors. Or with more disks, look at RAIDz2.

Here's the output of zpool import.

JKFreeNAS

Cadet
btw, we hope you have a good backup.

Your pool (volume) is striped. Meaning, that should either disk fail, you'll loose all your data. Given that you'll need to reconfigure FreeNAS from scratch, I would backup the data and create a new pool. At a minimum, you'd probably want to look at mirrors. Or with more disks, look at RAIDz2.

Got it. Thanks for the advice! I will grab the data and then refer to the documentation to create a new pool.