SOLVED USB Upgrade hanging at "choose destination media"

tumblingthrough

Dabbler
Hello

Am looking to upgrade 9.10 to 11.3. I have burned the latest ISO onto a USB stick and am following the video on the Freenas site. However, it's hanging at the above point. I can select the disk I want to install freenas on and then on clicking ok it just hangs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

ThreeDee

Guru
I've read a lot of issues creating bootable usb sticks in Windows .. Linux and Mac users don't seem to have the same issues. I ended up burning the iso to a dvd disc and installing that way without issue when I upgraded to 11.2 initially .

tumblingthrough

Dabbler
I've read a lot of issues creating bootable usb sticks in Windows .. Linux and Mac users don't seem to have the same issues. I ended up burning the iso to a dvd disc and installing that way without issue when I upgraded to 11.2 initially .

Thanks for getting back to me. Happily I'm a linux user, unfortunately I'm getting the error making the image in Linux! Perhaps it's just a duff image. Will try again and report back.

tumblingthrough

Dabbler
In the end I just had to wait longer and the screen came up. So solved. However, there is another issue... to be posted in another thread, I think.

Vincent Jansen

Explorer
How long did you end up waiting? Because it feels like I’m stuck at the same spot. I made my stick using a Mac so don’t think I have the windows issue.