SOLVED Offline upgrade to 9.10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm attempting to upgrade a FreeNAS 2U Certified Server to the latest 9.10.1.

First question: Why are there no .txz files available for 9.10.1?

Second question: I'm trying to upgrade by booting the ISO. I've selected "1 Install/Upgrade", and it's asking me to select the destination media. In the menu I see:

Code:
Select one or more drives where FreeNAS should be
installed (use arrow keys to navigate to the drive(s)
for installation; select a drive with the spacebar).

[ ] ada0   SATADOM-SV 3ME -- 29.8 GiB
    [ ] ada1   SATADOM-SV 3ME -- 29.8 GiB

As this is a FreeNAS Certified Server (by iXsystems), it has a pair of SATA DOM devices on which the FreeNAS installation lives. I believe they are a ZFS mirrored pair. Should I select both ada0 and ada1 devices? Does the FreeNAS installer correctly understand this to be a ZFS mirrored pair?

Thanks,
Jonathon

D

dlavigne

You should definitely contact iXsystems support about this, using the Support Portal on the website as they may have an offline solution for you.

And, yes, .txz files were removed some time ago.

From https://www.ixsystems.com/support

> Software Support: There is no software support offered for FreeNAS Certified Servers. If Software Support is required, please evaluate the TrueNAS Storage Arrays or utilize the forums on FreeNAS.org.

I will email my rep and point him here, so he can make sure the iXsystems support guys see it.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
In the GUI, under [System] - [Boot]; if you click [Status] it will show you if you have mirrored boot devices or not.

Example (I run mirrored):
upload_2016-8-30_7-29-6.png

So, I would presume that if yours shows it being mirrored then you would want to select both.

As far as the upgrade; I would recommend saving a copy of your Configuration first before proceeding. As well, take into consideration if you are running any jails or known issues with upgrading. I don't run jails so don't know. As far as any issues, check the forums.

Best of luck

I selected both ada0 and ada1, and continued with the upgrade. Everything went as expected, and I am no running version 9.10.1. My Boot Status looks just like yours, Mirfster, (s/da/ada).

Status
Not open for further replies.