Restore configuration from 9.10.1-U2 to 11.2-U1

raymonvdm

Dabbler
I have backuped my config from the old 9.10.1-U2 NAS and restored it on an new installed 11.2-U1. Placed the data disks in the new system and fired it up. The system seems to be working quite good. :smile:

But i have one small issue with updates. The old settings are also applied on the update train. So it is now set to

FreeNAS-9.10-Stable - Release train for FreeNAS 9.10.

The only other option is to select FreeNAS-11-Nightlies (unstable)

Which file do i need to edit to get the official 11.2 update train (I have another install running 11.2 without a restored backup, so there are files to use as source)

Any reason you didn't move the 9.10 boot device across to the new h/w and then perform an in-situ update to 11.2? That way, it's unlikely the issue you're experiencing would have arisen.

Last edited:

raymonvdm

Dabbler
Because i made a new hardware setup. The new system is running ESXi and the FreeNAS machine is a VM on it. The VM is connected to its data disks using a HBA redirected using VT-D. The upgrade failed in the past on the original system (USB Stick lost during boot)

The old machine is still ready for fallback using the datadisks (ZFS pool version is not updated)