SOLVED Unable to add storage to new or existing jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

snorbaard

Dabbler
Hello There,

Any attempts to add storage to a jail (whether plain or created from a plugin) gives me the following error:

Sep 11 20:09:25 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: The path could not be mounted /mnt/greenvolume/media/@incoming: Mount failed (64) -> mount: /mnt/greenvolume/jails/couchpotato_2/media/incoming: No such file or directory ]

WebUI will create the mapping, but it won't be mounted.

I've been struggling with this for quite a while, and it pretty much meant that my FreeNAS was stuck with what I had it set up to do - I was unable to add anything new. Problem was, I did a lot of searching, and figured after one interesting search that it might have to do with permissions, and in a moment of absolute idiocy I applied full 777 permissions to the whole volume. This might not have been so terrible, except, it also contained my jails. Not surprisingly, pretty much everything stopped working except a Plex instance.

I'm not afraid to do the legwork, but I fear my lack of knowledge is hampering me. I'm unable to get anything running - I've tried starting from the bottom up (starting something needs some libraries - install them, something else doesn't work, get those libraries, this complains about lax permissions, try to fix them), but because I'm unable to add any new jails (or rather, the jails aren't the problem, adding storage is), I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Can anybody please, assist? I've been sitting on this for days, and I'm really at the end of my tether.
  • First prize would be to be able to fix the mapping issue and somehow restore my permission issues but that's highly unlikely.
  • Second prize would be to get mappings up and running again so I can start working on rebuilding my non-working jails. I would be happy even if I can get a way to mount storage via the terminal.

As a sidenote, it appears the problem I had might be a bug in FreenNAS, as found in this tantalising post:
This is a dup. I believe it was fixed in master but never backported to 9.2.1-BRANCH due to the changeset being potentially disruptive.

danb35

Hall of Famer
The destination directory (inside your jail) must already exist--the "create directory" checkbox doesn't work.

snorbaard

Dabbler
It worked!

A hundred internets to you kind sir/madam! Tomorrow I start rebuilding everything!
Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.