Unable to add Jails and Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker79

Explorer
Hello all,

I am fairly new to Freenas. I initially built my system to use with Plex, and it had been working great, but then I started having network issues. I thought I would just delete the plugin for plex along with the jail, and create them fresh, but now I am unable to Add Jails, and Plugins show up empty.

I am also unable to see all my data on my mapped drive, but I don't think I lost any because the Volume in freenas still has a lot of space taken up.

What do I do!?! Please help!

striker79

Explorer
Not that I am aware of. I have an RT-AC87U and completely reset the router thinking maybe there was a conflict.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    77.9 KB · Views: 276

striker79

Explorer
Here is what I am seeing...

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    389.4 KB · Views: 281
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    261.2 KB · Views: 292

nojohnny101

Wizard
well that picture #2 makes sense because there is not jail installed to add storage to. not sure about #3.

I know others on here have no problems with plugins but I initially did when I was setting up my system and so I found this thread:
Install Plex from CLI

It is very straightforward and mine has been rock solid ever since. I know this isn't really finding out what happened or fixing your problem directly.

What changed when started having network problems? That is the first question I always ask myself.
but then I started having network issues.
This is very vague and nondescript. Can you provide more details and think back to see if anything changed in your network setup or your freenas box (updates, etc.)?
Let's start there.

striker79

Explorer
Initially everything had been working just fine, but then I noticed my router would keep resetting itself under heavy load. It seemed it was just getting too hot, so I tried a different router, but could not get plex to be available remotely, even though I forwarded port 32400. I then figured I would just factory reset the original RT-AC87U router and put a fan on it, but then I could not get plex to work on any of my devices. I tried setting up static IPs, but that didn't seem to help either. It's as if everything magically stopped working. So I thought maybe a setting had changed in Freenas. I logged into freenas and checked my network settings and everything was the same, but still wasn't working. I know this is still pretty vague, and I am usually good about getting things like this to work, but this whole thing has just blown my mind.

striker79

Explorer
well that picture #2 makes sense because there is not jail installed to add storage to. not sure about #3.

I know others on here have no problems with plugins but I initially did when I was setting up my system and so I found this thread:
Install Plex from CLI

It is very straightforward and mine has been rock solid ever since. I know this isn't really finding out what happened or fixing your problem directly.

What changed when started having network problems? That is the first question I always ask myself.

This is very vague and nondescript. Can you provide more details and think back to see if anything changed in your network setup or your freenas box (updates, etc.)?
Let's start there.
I just tried the link you posted but I get "Unable to find Template"

Attachments

• 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    445 KB · Views: 300

Sakuru

Guru
Under the Jails tab --> Configuration, what is your Jail Root set to?

striker79

Explorer

Attachments

• 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    52.1 KB · Views: 263

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
You need to create a dataset for your template to reside in. It will not install to the root of your Pool.

striker79

Explorer
You need to create a dataset for your template to reside in. It will not install to the root of your Pool.
Like this...

Attachments

• 6.PNG
    6.PNG
    68.5 KB · Views: 248

Sakuru

Guru

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Like this...
Yes. Now change your jails configuration tab to point to the dataset you just created and try downloading the template again.

striker79

Explorer
I just tried and still get "unable to find template"

Attachments

• 7.PNG
    7.PNG
    71.5 KB · Views: 250
  • 8.PNG
    8.PNG
    127.9 KB · Views: 241

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Is there any templates listed on the templates tab?

striker79

Explorer
Just this one

Attachments

• 9.PNG
    9.PNG
    25.4 KB · Views: 240

MisterIce

Explorer
And sending a ping from the shell is working?

For example:
Code:
ping -c 5 www.microsoft.com

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
My guess is that you have some bits left over from your previous template download that are likely still in your Pool root. Can you list the output of

zfs list -t snapshot | grep '.warden-template'

striker79

Explorer
Ping doesn't seem to be working?

Attachments

• 10.PNG
    10.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 250
Status
Not open for further replies.