Unable to add Jails and Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker79

Explorer
Huh, you have some strange stuff in there. All of the folders that start with a period should not be there, and "Android" isn't listed as one of your datasets. Poke around in those folders and see what you find.
I believe the Android folder was created by my Nvidia Shield. It's so odd. I went under every folder, but nothing. Even on my desktop, the properties of the folder show the movies should still be there...

Attachments

• 16.PNG
    16.PNG
    31.5 KB · Views: 238

Sakuru

Guru
How big is the snapshot you mentioned earlier? I'm curious about Used and Refer.

striker79

Explorer
264.3 GiB Used, 25.7 TiB Refer

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Use the command line to browse the files. Stop relying on Windows tools to troubleshoot a freebsd based system.

striker79

Explorer
Use the command line to browse the files. Stop relying on Windows tools to troubleshoot a freebsd based system.
How do I do that? I've just been using windows because I'm not that familiar with freebsd...

Sakuru

Guru

striker79

Explorer
The movies should have all been in a separate folder. When I built the Freenas system I created a Movies Dataset that I migrated all my files over to.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
The movies should have all been in a separate folder. When I built the Freenas system I created a Movies Dataset that I migrated all my files over to.
Folder or dataset? Case sensitivity is important also

striker79

Explorer
Folder or dataset? Case sensitivity is important also
At this point I'm not entirely sure. I've been working on this for two days straight and can't remember all that much about the initial configuration.

I cloned the initial scrub I created, and it looks like 90% of my movies were still in there, so rather than potentially causing more problems, I'm just going to restore those and I'll have to figure out which movies are missing.

striker79

Explorer
So this is odd...I've started to copy the movies over from the Snapshot folder, but I am running out of storage...So the original library HAS to be there somewhere...

Sakuru

Guru
So this is odd...I've started to copy the movies over from the Snapshot folder, but I am running out of storage...So the original library HAS to be there somewhere...
Yes, you are copying the files, therefore they are going to take up space. If you want to get them back without taking more space you would have to rollback the snapshot. Be warned that this will delete anything you have done since that snapshot was created. Normally you would clone and copy, but your pool is too full for that.

striker79

Explorer
Yes, you are copying the files, therefore they are going to take up space. If you want to get them back without taking more space you would have to rollback the snapshot. Be warned that this will delete anything you have done since that snapshot was created. Normally you would clone and copy, but your pool is too full for that.
It actually looks more like a cut and paste. After the file is copied, it is no longer on the Snapshot folder...

EDIT: I decided to just Rollback the Snapshot and that is freeing up space.

Last edited:

striker79

Explorer
So Rollback didn't do anything...I still can't find my movies...

pschatz100

Guru
This may be a stupid question, but assuming that your ZFS volume is OK why don't you just reinstall FreeNAS? It would be much less effort than all the work you are doing now - especially if you are not familiar with FreeBSD.

Get a working FreeNAS system that sees your data, first, then move on from there. Trying to troubleshoot from the command line when you are not familiar with the system will only lead to more headaches.

striker79

Explorer
This may be a stupid question, but assuming that your ZFS volume is OK why don't you just reinstall FreeNAS? It would be much less effort than all the work you are doing now - especially if you are not familiar with FreeBSD.

Get a working FreeNAS system that sees your data, first, then move on from there. Trying to troubleshoot from the command line when you are not familiar with the system will only lead to more headaches.
I thought about doing that. I tried rolling back to a previous installation of Freenas, but that didn't seem to change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.