Unable to add Jails and Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker79

Explorer
My guess is that you have some bits left over from your previous template download that are likely still in your Pool root. Can you list the output of

zfs list -t snapshot | grep '.warden-template'
How do I do that?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
The easy way, you open the CLI from the web GUI and type it in. The better way, SSH in with Putty and copy and paste the output in code tags.

striker79

Explorer
The easy way, you open the CLI from the web GUI and type it in. The better way, SSH in with Putty and copy and paste the output in code tags.

Attachments

• 11.PNG
    11.PNG
    26.8 KB · Views: 245

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
That output doesn't look correct. Are you sure you typed it exactly as listed?

Code:
zfs list -t snapshot | grep '.warden-template'

striker79

Explorer
I just typed in the whole thing but nothing happened...

Attachments

• 12.PNG
    12.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 241

nojohnny101

Wizard
put your "nameserver1" as 192.168.1.1 (what you have set as your IPv4 Default Gateway).

Try again.

EDIT: and I'm assuming 192.168.1.1 is the IP of your router correct?

striker79

Explorer
put your "nameserver1" as 192.168.1.1 (what you have set as your IPv4 Default Gateway).

Try again.

EDIT: and I'm assuming 192.168.1.1 is the IP of your router correct?
Thank you. Changing the IP allowed me to Add Jail

nojohnny101

Wizard
From my understanding, when you add a jail, it downloads the template and because your network settings were not allowing it to connect, it threw up an error.

Good luck.

MisterIce

Explorer
Strange that it's working though, because I'm using Google's DNS servers as well and it's all working fine.

striker79

Explorer
Thank you! So I now have the plex plugin installed again, but even on my computer I am still unable to see the movie files that are on my pool...They should all still be there, as the storage is still utilized 6TB free of 29.5TB

EDIT: I did just notice that the Folder: Movies states that there is only 175.1KiB being used?

Attachments

• 13.PNG
    13.PNG
    121.2 KB · Views: 219

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Where did you have it stored? Did you put it in a dataset or have it all in the root of your pool like your plex install was?

I noticed that same thing in your earlier screen shots. And BTW, you're pool is at the maximum recommended level for decent performance. I'm surprised you don't have a warning in your GUI. You need to either migrate some data off that pool or expand it with additional space.

ETA: And where is all your space? Your signature says you have 8-6TB drives. You've got some major issues going on with this setup of yours that I think you need to figure out before you go any further.

nojohnny101

Wizard
Strange that it's working though, because I'm using Google's DNS servers as well and it's all working fine.

I suggested it because that is how mine is setup.

EDIT: I did just notice that the Folder: Movies states that there is only 175.1KiB being used?

well the GUI doesn't lie (well not very often). are you sure you followed proper setup with having proper permissions and jail storage setup?

striker79

Explorer
Where did you have it stored? Did you put it in a dataset or have it all in the root of your pool like your plex install was?

I noticed that same thing in your earlier screen shots. And BTW, you're pool is at the maximum recommended level for decent performance. I'm surprised you don't have a warning in your GUI. You need to either migrate some data off that pool or expand it with additional space.
I noticed that as well. I need to migrate or expand the pool.
How can I tell if the dataset is on the root of my pool (chances are that it is)? How do I get to it?

This screenshot shows the pool mapped to my desktop, but no movies...

Attachments

• 14.PNG
    14.PNG
    557.8 KB · Views: 235

Sakuru

Guru
ETA: And where is all your space? Your signature says you have 8-6TB drives. You've got some major issues going on with this setup of yours that I think you need to figure out before you go any further.
If those 8 drives are in a RAIDZ2 then their total space sounds correct to me.

striker79

Explorer
If those 8 drives are in a RAIDZ2 then their total space sounds correct to me.

The drives are in RAIDZ2, but it's as if I cannot access the 29.5TiB of data on them...The space is still taken up, but the data not longer shows up on my desktop when I map the drive. It looks like the data is stored on the original NAS pool, and no longer on the Movies Subfolder...

Sakuru

Guru
Oh I see. Do you have any snapshots?

striker79

Explorer
Oh I see. Do you have any snapshots?
I have a snapshot from when I first set everything up back in January. Unfortunately I didn't setup Recursive Snapshots (which i should have done).

Sakuru

Guru
Run this command from the Shell:
Code:
ls -lh /mnt/NAS

Sakuru

Guru
Huh, you have some strange stuff in there. All of the folders that start with a period should not be there, and "Android" isn't listed as one of your datasets. Poke around in those folders and see what you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.