truenas scale Nextcloud 27.0.0_21.0.7 ingress issue

CsabiDuke

Dabbler
found the issue, needed some modification in the config.php: cli rewrite rule, and trusted url. Now seems perfect.

wili4m

Explorer
i think i solve some my issue i delete the port, now can login as normal.
1687850905749.png

antoher issue is i can't login with my ip anymore if ingress enable.
very sad, my pc can't use full network speed (1Gbps), coz using domain it will flow my slow isp bandwidth.

i have pc at local network normal sync using local ip, and another mobile device using domain to sync from outside my home.

CsabiDuke

Dabbler
i think i solve some my issue i delete the port, now can login as normal.
View attachment 67740

antoher issue is i can't login with my ip anymore if ingress enable.
very sad, my pc can't use full network speed (1Gbps), coz using domain it will flow my slow isp bandwidth.

i have pc at local network normal sync using local ip, and another mobile device using domain to sync from outside my home.
Yes that is the entry what you have to modify, but you can // it, and it will not rewrite.
You need to add the DNS here also:
1687948785540.png

Why don't make a static DNS entry to your server in your router? You can use the same DNS with local addresses in your lan.

wili4m

Explorer
Yes that is the entry what you have to modify, but you can // it, and it will not rewrite.
You need to add the DNS here also:
View attachment 67778

Why don't make a static DNS entry to your server in your router? You can use the same DNS with local addresses in your lan.
already try add DNS local, got issue with ssl certificate, my domain under cloudflare ssl, create different domain .local show issue with ssl, maybe i miss something.

later if have time, i will recheck again what i miss. so far using new version, mobile phone now can access using domain from outside, after delete the port.
i still using old version for daily use, will wait until everything working well than migrate to new version.

CsabiDuke

Dabbler
already try add DNS local, got issue with ssl certificate, my domain under cloudflare ssl, create different domain .local show issue with ssl, maybe i miss something.

later if have time, i will recheck again what i miss. so far using new version, mobile phone now can access using domain from outside, after delete the port.
i still using old version for daily use, will wait until everything working well than migrate to new version.
Better to wait, I would had to wait also. Now it is working for me but with some workaround.

Sepol

Dabbler
If you have the Certificates and CSRs in Truenas well configured, as well as the DNS records (CNAMES) in Cloudflare, the changes in Nexcloud config file are really few and simple. Last year when I first installed Nexcloud, I really strugle a bit, for weaks. But I'm pretty sure it was also the app fault. But now it all works well. I only put user name, password, ClusterIP (Do Not Expose Ports), Enable Ingress, HostName, add default paths and that it ! Its working fine. In and ouside my network, with https. Also the phone app is working fine.

wili4m

Explorer
If you have the Certificates and CSRs in Truenas well configured, as well as the DNS records (CNAMES) in Cloudflare, the changes in Nexcloud config file are really few and simple. Last year when I first installed Nexcloud, I really strugle a bit, for weaks. But I'm pretty sure it was also the app fault. But now it all works well. I only put user name, password, ClusterIP (Do Not Expose Ports), Enable Ingress, HostName, add default paths and that it ! Its working fine. In and ouside my network, with https. Also the phone app is working fine.
I only have certificate sign from cloudflare. It's already work I don't have any issues with old version

I can access from outsite my home using domain and https, and at same time my pc also can connect using local ip (http)
Not only nextcloud, also I can access jellyfin from outside using my domain.

New version
Now I can access from outsite using domain n https, but my pc can't access using local ip if ingresses enable.
My isp package only 50mpbs, that's why I prefer local pc connect with local lan, more faster.

Later when I hv more time I will check what I miss.

My jellyfin also can access from outside and by local ip, don't know what I miss with nextcloud new version.

Sepol

Dabbler
I use Plex since 2014, I'm used to it, and I like a lot. I also don't like Jellyfin interface. I don't have any use for Plex outside local, and beside it even has it's own certificate. I have a old gaming machine just for Plex and backups. I use TrueNas mainly for homelab, a few backups, traefik, netdata, heimdall, adguard, home-assistant and nextcloud for uploading photos or any thing from the phone. A pitty I can't help.

Last edited:

wili4m

Explorer
this new version very annoying i remember i already delete port but it always show again after truenas restart.

anybody in here know how to use official nextcloud connect from outsite with domian??
any link or guide or some link i can follow it.

thanks before for your time.

CsabiDuke

Dabbler
this new version very annoying i remember i already delete port but it always show again after truenas restart.

anybody in here know how to use official nextcloud connect from outsite with domian??
any link or guide or some link i can follow it.

thanks before for your time.
unfortunately if you restart the truenas or nextcloud, the config .php will regenerates. You need to modify it after every restarts until they not handling this bug.

wili4m

Explorer
unfortunately if you restart the truenas or nextcloud, the config .php will regenerates. You need to modify it after every restarts until they not handling this bug.
is really annoying, no way i do this every time truenas restart, and my server always turn off at night and turn on at morning, save electric cost.
if I at outside no way to do this.
hope old version can still running for long time. or i move to core, using jail.

CsabiDuke

Dabbler
is really annoying, no way i do this every time truenas restart, and my server always turn off at night and turn on at morning, save electric cost.
if I at outside no way to do this.
hope old version can still running for long time. or i move to core, using jail.
I think stay with the old version, I will let you know here if it's working. I made the today update but nothing changed.

Last edited:

wili4m

Explorer
just install new version 27.0.0_21.0.8
i see some improvement i don't see any issue to login with ingress on

but still can't access by ip if ingress enable. at least for don't use domain & IP like me, this new version can work normal.
still hope can access by ip and domain, when ingress on.

wili4m

Explorer
The truecharts version got updated with their new common chart and therefore needs to be re-installed, you can't update as is.
You have to backup your nextcloud database, delete the old app, reinstall the new version and restore your database from the backup.

Heres the migration guide from the truecharts homepage
i already follow the step backup n restore than show this message
how to solve it??

1688295412111.png

follow guide from https://github.com/nextcloud/all-in-one/discussions/1787 still no solve
1688295566702.png