Syncthing update fails

N20Visuals

Dabbler
Hey Guys,

i keep having trouble with updating syncthing since a couple of days. i checked the container settings and found that some settings regarding the port passthrough were marked as deprecated and needed change. did that, didn't help, obviously.

it looks like it has something to do with the storage type of the container, but i don't know enough about that to change it to anything else than "pvc(simple)", maybe someone can help me with the right settings. weirdly enough, it works exactly like it is configured, just the update is not possible. help is greatly appreciated!

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 411, in run    await self.future  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 446, in __run_body    rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1272, in nf    return await func(*args, **kwargs)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1140, in nf    res = await f(*args, **kwargs)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 116, in upgrade    await self.upgrade_chart_release(job, release, options)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 266, in upgrade_chart_release    config, context = await self.middleware.call(  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1345, in call    return await self._call(  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1294, in _call    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 333, in normalise_and_validate_values    dict_obj = await self.middleware.call(  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1345, in call    return await self._call(  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1294, in _call    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/validation.py", line 51, in validate_values    verrors.check()  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service_exception.py", line 62, in check    raise self middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] values.persistence.config.type: Invalid choice: simplePVC [EINVAL] values.persistenceList: Item#0 is not valid per list types: [EINVAL] persistenceListEntry.type: Invalid choice: simpleHP

WarnesJ

Dabbler
I'm seeing similar errors about "Invalid choice: simpleHP" when I attempt to update other TrueChart apps like Resilio Sync (v2.7.2.1375_6.0.43 -> v2.7.2.1375_7.0.3) and Owncast (v0.0.12_6.0.44 -> v0.0.12_7.0.3). And an error about "Invalid choice: simplePVC" when attempting to update the Unifi Controller (v7.2.95_11.0.47 -> v7.2.95_12.0.3).

I think you're on the right trail thought about the app not liking the storage type. From what it appears, the error for "simplePVC" occur when the app storage is set to "PVC (simple)" in the configuration options, and the errors for "simpleHP" appear when the storage is set to "Host Path (simple)".

fonze98

Dabbler
I have copied this from the truecharts discord server

If you get the following error: 'invalid choice "simplePVC"' or 'invalid choice "simpleHostpath"' Please do the following prior to updating: - Set all storage to "PVC or "Hostpath" respectively - In case of PVC: enter "999Gi" as size setting

WarnesJ

Dabbler
I have copied this from the truecharts discord server

If you get the following error: 'invalid choice "simplePVC"' or 'invalid choice "simpleHostpath"' Please do the following prior to updating: - Set all storage to "PVC or "Hostpath" respectively - In case of PVC: enter "999Gi" as size setting
Thanks @fonze98 for sharing.

I flipped the storage type for my Owncast server from Host Path (simple) to PCV (simple). The app starts normally with its current version (v0.0.12_6.0.44). The Owncast's configuration is default, which is expected since the configuration storage has changed. But I'm sorry to report that when I attempt the upgrade, it still fails. The error now has flipped to "Invalid choice: simplePVC", which isn't surprising.

The nice thing is, if I set the storage back to Host Path (simple), point it to the original path, and restart the app, my Owncast configuration is restored. Which make sense, it's just nice to see it in action.

fonze98

Dabbler
yeah basically it seems like the new True charts configs do not like any of the (simple) storage options you would need to switch to the same option you were using before but without the simple tag

WarnesJ

Dabbler
yeah basically it seems like the new True charts configs do not like any of the (simple) storage options you would need to switch to the same option you were using before but without the simple tag
Yup, that fixed it. I switched my Owncast app to use "Host Path", pointed it to the same path I was using with "Host Path (simple)", and I was able to upgrade it.

Thanks @fonze98!