Cannot upgrade app due to conflicting mounts

CaptainMaso

Cadet
Hi all,

I am trying to update my plex container to the latest version through the GUI. The dataset that I have mounted to it is /mnt/data/media. I also have this dataset shared via NFS and SMB, so that remote apps can update the files in the media share, and users have direct access to the media.

When trying to update to the latest version of Plex, I am getting the following error:
Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 412, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 448, in __run_body
    rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1261, in nf
    return await func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1129, in nf
    res = await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 116, in upgrade
    await self.upgrade_chart_release(job, release, options)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 266, in upgrade_chart_release
    config, context = await self.middleware.call(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1308, in call
    return await self._call(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1257, in _call
    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 332, in normalise_and_validate_values
    dict_obj = await self.middleware.call(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1308, in call
    return await self._call(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1257, in _call
    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/validation.py", line 69, in validate_values
    verrors.check()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service_exception.py", line 62, in check
    raise self
middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] chart_release_create.appVolumeMounts.data.data.hostPathEnabled.hostPathEnabled.hostPath.hostPath: The path '/mnt/data/media' is already attached to service(s): NFS Share, SMB Share.

I am happy to do the possible workaround of disabling the NFS/SMB share, updating Plex, then re-enabling NFS/SMB; but I thought this might be worth posting if the configuration was invalid, or if others were having the issue.

General Information:
TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.1
1x Pool of 5 x 4TB drives in RAID-Z1

WarnesJ

Dabbler
I'm having the same problem when I attempt to update the Plex app. I was able to update other apps, but Plex is being problematic.

Guille

Dabbler
Same here. This is new, I had already updated plex without this error.

devinbaines

Cadet
Same problem.

Edit: I disabled the share that Plex uses briefly in order to do the update. It proceeded with no problems. I re-enabled the share and all is well.

Last edited:

boczar

Cadet
I have the same problem, except I have multiple SMB share below the data folder. I would have to delete all of them, update and recreate all of them each time some of the Plex distribution is updated. :/

naximov

Cadet
appears to be an issue on Plex end, new version that has been pushed out is upgrading without issues.

WarnesJ

Dabbler
appears to be an issue on Plex end, new version that has been pushed out is upgrading without issues.
Yup, looks like the 1.26.2.5797_1.7.8 version updates fine for me now. Thanks for the head's up.