[EINVAL] values.persistence.config.type, [EINVAL] persistenceListEntry.type:

Kasazn

Explorer
Hi lads,

Did anyone experience this recently? I have been unable to update my applications ever since.

[EINVAL] values.persistence.config.type: Invalid choice: simplePVC
EINVAL] values.persistenceList: Item#0 is not valid per list types:
[EINVAL] persistenceListEntry.type: Invalid choice: simpleHP

1668511822414.png

Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 411, in run await self.future File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 446, in __run_body rv = await self.method(*([self] + args)) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1272, in nf return await func(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1140, in nf res = await f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 116, in upgrade await self.upgrade_chart_release(job, release, options) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 266, in upgrade_chart_release config, context = await self.middleware.call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1345, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1294, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 333, in normalise_and_validate_values dict_obj = await self.middleware.call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1345, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1294, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/validation.py", line 51, in validate_values verrors.check() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service_exception.py", line 62, in check raise self middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] values.persistence.config.type: Invalid choice: simplePVC [EINVAL] values.persistenceList: Item#0 is not valid per list types: [EINVAL] persistenceListEntry.type: Invalid choice: simpleHP

LarsR

Guru
Change from PVC(Simple) to just PVC and hostpath(simple) to Hostpath
Additionally change the PVC size from whatever it is to 999Gi.
That should fix it.
Every Simple service Type has been depreciated.
I also had to change those settings after truecharts did a bigger overhaul of the apps config

Kasazn

Explorer
That should fix it.
I also had to change those settings after truecharts did a bigger overhaul of the apps config
Can confirm this works but I also have to add that I need to change some network type to "Load Balancer" else I can't access the apps.

truecharts

Guru
Please be sure to reach out to us directly next time, we're not very active here. ;-)
Also might be worth to keep track of our announcements on twitter, facebook or, preferably, discord. As those issues have been mentioned before ;-)

Jonae

Cadet
That should fix it.
Thanks, This has solved my problem!

rmont

Dabbler
Can confirm this works but I also have to add that I need to change some network type to "Load Balancer" else I can't access the apps.
I also had to flag "Enable Integrated Loadbalancer" in the Kubernetes Advanced settings.

truecharts

Guru
I also had to flag "Enable Integrated Loadbalancer" in the Kubernetes Advanced settings.

That setting is enabled by default

bmess

Dabbler
Switching from PVC(Simple) to PVC was the solution for me as well. Thanks for the thread

truecharts

Guru
Switching from PVC(Simple) to PVC was the solution for me as well. Thanks for the thread

It's super important to directly follow our announcement in the future directly, Not everything is guaranteed to spawn threads on this third-party forum ;-)

fc117

Dabbler
It's super important to directly follow our announcement in the future directly, Not everything is guaranteed to spawn threads on this third-party forum ;-)
A good idea will be to add those big announcement directly on the dashboard, as a system widget :wink:

truecharts

Guru
A good idea will be to add those big announcement directly on the dashboard, as a system widget :wink:

We're not related to iX-Systems, so we don't create the dashboard.
Nor do have have loads of spare developers to build custom twitter-feed widgets.

Hello,
I'm also encountering this issue, but im still abit blocked as i dont understand how to make those modifications on my system that have been talked about in this thread. Could someone be so kind to explain where / how i make those changes to my system in order to also have it resolved?
Thanks.

LarsR

Guru
those are settings you have to change per app. so klick the three dots on the top right corner of one of your apps, klick edit and then look for the options mentioned above and change them.

those are settings you have to change per app. so klick the three dots on the top right corner of one of your apps, klick edit and then look for the options mentioned above and change them.
Thanks LarsR, i dident think to check there, for some reason i thought it would be a general config thingy.
Issue fixed for me :)

truecharts

Guru
Hello,
I'm also encountering this issue, but im still abit blocked as i dont understand how to make those modifications on my system that have been talked about in this thread. Could someone be so kind to explain where / how i make those changes to my system in order to also have it resolved?
Thanks.

To be fair: We don't provide support or background on this forum (only on our own website and discord)...
So that makes the thread here less clear.